Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put flushmounts on alyssa and i was wondering if you guys had any tips on filling the gaps as seen here:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Install a small piece of plastic sheet (available from a hobby store) or sheet metal behind the fairing. Paint one half white and the other blue. You also could have ordered larger flush mounts…..

·
Registered
883 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Install a small piece of plastic sheet

<hr></blockquote>

You mean like this!?!/images/icons/laugh.gif

Gap Fixed!

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i didn't any of the other flushmounts. that'swhy i went with these.

jxl...i'm referring to the gaps around the side marker. in the turn signal housing itself.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I know, it was a JOKE. fix the gap HAHAHA HA HA the gap HA HA Fix the g g g Ha HA HA the g gap HA HA Get it? the ggg HA HA HA g g g gap. HA hA..... whew, OK, I'm all right now. whew, I am so funny.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Try tilting the signal around a little more. To me it looks like you could turn the signal counter-clockwise a little and cover the gap a little better.

That, you should have bought a Yamaha! J/K! /images/icons/smile.gif

Mo

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm gonna try that (turning it more) some time soon. the thing is i didn't want a bigger marker cuz the next one just looked ugly to me. i dunno. maybe i'll just leave it and live with it.

ah screw it! i'm going back to stock. jk

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
jabuan you call your bike alyssa? i dunno if we reviewed this already but i just call mine, my bike.....no need to name it, giving it the anme of a person would make me apprehensive to refer to it as mine...i never owned a person before..hehe:)

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Willie, you've never owned a person before? /images/icons/tongue.gif/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
willie, yea her name's alyssa. named after my first love alyssa milano. i didn't really think that deeply into it like you did. but...whatever creams you twinkie! /images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hey, I named mine too. Well my wife made me name her since she consider my bike to be the "other women"! haha! She gets so jealous./images/icons/smile.gif I named mine Racheal.

Here's a picture of my flushies on Racheal. I have a small gap around the signal too, but it's really not that bad.

Mo

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

she consider my bike to be the "other women"! haha!

<hr></blockquote>

that's exactly what my girlfriend says! funny huh.

anyway...i'm thinking about doing what this guy did...

·
Registered
823 Posts
jabuan,

That looks good! Is that a piece of hard rubber or something? Could it be painted? Could you put a blue/white decal over it? These are just some thoughts I'm throwing around.

I put the bigger flush mounts on so they'd cover the hole. On my old '98 750 I put flush mounts on the inside of the fairing. To cover the hole I just put a black decal. It looked like there was no signal light at all until I turned one on.

"Ask not what your bike can do for you,
ask what you can do for your bike"

·
Registered
823 Posts
I don't have any of my old bike with the hidden lights. Here is one of my current Gixxxer though.

"Ask not what your bike can do for you,
ask what you can do for your bike"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts