Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while my bike is dismantaled can someone tell me how to change the fluid in my radiator (98 500r)

Im the prince of all saiyans once again!

·
Registered
938 Posts
well i'm not sure if it's any different than a ZX9R or ZX12R but here goes. On the left side of the bike (shifter side) there is waterpump assembly. You should be able to follow the radiator hose to it. On the hosing there should be a bleeder bolt. The manual will help in determining which bolt it is. Open the radiator cap, remove the bleeder bolt and let all the fluid drain into a container. Next flushout the radiator by attaching a hose into the radiator cap and run water through it while the bike is running. Look for clear water comming out of the bleeder bolt hole. Once the water is clear turn off the bike let it cool and let the water completly drain out. Put the bleeder bolt back in, fill the radiator with the correct fluid mixer, put cap back on put some fluid in the reservor (bottle), start the bike and let it run a little while. Once this is done you should open the bleeder bolt just enough to let any trapped air escape from the system. tighten the bolt you're done. if using anti-freeze make sure it's the pre-mixed type. this way you won't have to find destilled water to mix it with. I also use a 50/50 mixer in mine. Hope this helps. Any feel free to correct me If i missed anything.

Riding always makes me -->/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts