Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out at the auto store today and remembered I needed some touch up paint for my bike. I was going to order some from www.colorrite.com but i didnt want to pay $10.95 + shipping. So I decided to grab a few auto RED paints to match the color of the packet to my bike and found an exact perfect match.

Ford Dupli-Color
SF FM 306

this touch-up paint matches exactly perfectly and it only cost $3. just thought i would share this info with you guys and later i will find a match for black purple mica as well.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thanks for the tip...is it just me, or are red Kawi owners an oppressed minority? It's a pain trying to find plastic or matching accessories.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really not sure. I cant say that Ive seen another Red Kawi in my area since ive been riding around. I got a friend that has a '02 ZX-9R lime green kawi. Rest of the guys ride Suzuki 750, 1000s, Yami's & Hondas.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think we are the minority as I don't even think there is another one like mine in my city. Wasn't sure about buying red at first but now I think its my favourtie colour of the Kawi colours available.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought some touch-up paint from color-rite before when i had my 2001 Katana 750 and the paint didnt match at all. my bike was siler/gold and the paint was more of a greyish color.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Rocka, I see you have a 01 Zx9 and you said your buddy has an 02 ZX9. I am thinking that you have ridden the 02. Can you tell any difference in the ride between the 2?

I Burn Dust and You Can Eat my rubber!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I cant tell any difference at all performance wise. Only differences I see are a few cosmetic changes like the seat is totally flat and looks more plush, the swing arm is bigger and the tail section is more sleaker. oh yeh they changed up the brakes too with bigger rotors in the front and went to NISSIN calipers. in my opinion the 6pots are better. having 3piston calipers would mean better stopping power in my opinion. well thats all for now.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
If you give me your address I will come down and help you put some miles on her.

I Burn Dust and You Can Eat my rubber!!!!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I agree Seagram, there definately seems to be a lack of matching red gear, shirts, logos, etc..

On the other hand, I kind of like the fact that no one else has a Ninja the same color as mine. /images/icons/cool.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts