Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
Release date is 27 April for the Firebolt. As far as I know the only folks with them are the race teams. My Dealer has one in the store but it was a display model and has had the electrical gutted. The old E&J Gallo saying "we will sell no wine before it's time" seems to be holding for Buell this time (they can't have another X1 or the Company is finished). As for Price I was offered $10,200 (I live in hawaii and have to pay the shipping) for the 4th bike my dealer has coming in (1st 3 are presold) which seems to be in line with all that I heard as far as price. There has been talk of starting a Thunder class at the track here (very tight track BTW) so by the end of the summer there will be some evidence as to the trackability of the bike from not factory hands.

Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow...
...that's what makes my thumper go

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just talked to my local dealer and he said that we are probaly only going to get 3 for the year. they are talking about droping buell at the harly dealer here in las vegas.[sad]

<font color=blue>I was RIDING before you came! I'll be <font color=red>RIDING</font color=red> when your gone!</font color=blue>

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
your getting three in Lasvegas and here in Honolulu the dealer is getting 26. I don't know the dealer you have there but ones that haven't shown an intrest to sell and properly keep up buells in the past are not being rewarded with the the new bike. The typical Harley dealer mentality doesn't cut it with sportbikers

·
Registered
234 Posts
I agree ,The Buell dealer here is in the Harly building,They also sell ducks. They have no parts they no nothing about the buells,/images/icons/frown.gif Its terable.I would be suprized if they even got one firebolt ,but im hoping they do.PS they no nothing about the regestration for the free firebolt so I can not even regester for that./images/icons/mad.gif

<font color=blue>I was RIDING before you came! I'll be <font color=red>RIDING</font color=red> when your gone!</font color=blue>

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
Ask Buell what the majority of the complaints that they receive and they'll say that customers hate the dealers. there is only ONE Buell dealer the rest are HD/Buell dealers. That one Buell dealer is one of the best dealers (of any brand) in the US it has people driving from all over California for service and ordering parts from all over the USA. If anyone is wondering that would be Modesto Buell (BTW I'm in Hawaii and get nothing from them by tooting their horn) The only other OUTSTANDING Buell dealer that I have heard of is Topeka HD/Buell. So good that people from NYC have bought bikes there and driven them home. This is not to say that there are not other good Buell Dealers (there are and I like mine, Cycle City) but it often requires more work on the owners part to insure that all is done right and that they actually care about your business. Remember the HD crowd is still the ones with the money...where I'll spend $1500 on a bigbore kit and have the dealer Dyno tune it after I install it, the typical HD owner will drop $3-4K on a 100" kit for his softtail and then order another 1K worth of chrome do-hickies and have the dealer put it all on and then pay for a 1/2 dozen dyno tunes while they figure out which pipe gives the best hp or torques. All this on a bike that has just past it's breaking period. In comparison Buells are cheap. The Above senario is something I didn't beleive until I saw it for myself 107 RWHP/100lbs of torque.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It is a good thing we have (American Sport Bike)for all are Buell needs/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
No Joke I wrote to ASB and Corbin 2 saturdays ago about a seat for my Blast. ASB wrote back in 16hours to say they had it in stock On Monday I ordered it and on Wednesday it arrived. Corbin still hasn't written back

·
Registered
234 Posts
I broke my belt on a mon. I called ASB monday night and on thr. I had my chain convertion/images/icons/smile.gifSame thing on my rocker arm gasket,it was here in 3 days.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I wouldn't mind purchasing a Firebolt. They look great, I'm goin to go get to the dealer on April 27 and try and win one.

First rule of driving, what is behind me is not important!!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I went to that Harley dealer on the V-Rod post in the the Daily Rant to check out the Firebolt. Didnt have any in stock, looks like a cool bike, Hopefully at the Buell Fest in Detroit, they will have one.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
234 Posts
when is the buell fest in detroit

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
It is now the American Muscle Challenge-All Sport Bike weekend sponsored by Buell dealers and my Triumph/Ducati one. It is May 11th and 12th at 10 mile and Telegraph in Southfield. It is a good time.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
Info on the Firebolt, it seems that the biggest holdup in getting the Firebolt onto the street is California emmissions. As usual the left coast causes all the problems

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK - The release date has passed - Anyone seen one on the street?
I'm going to the local dealer today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Haven't seen one on the street but I rode one at my local dealer on Saturday. I took it for about a ten mile loop following two of their guys. I'm a little disappointed. Granted, it was a short ride but the thing didn't excite me. The first time I rode an RC51 I thought, Oh yea, this is fine. The Buell was more like, well this is Ok. Shifting was stiff but should break in some. First is too short. I liked the riding position. Short reach to the bars. Power was adequate. What I really disliked was shaking at idle. I mean, REALLY shaking at idle. As soon as you crack the throttle it smooths out nicely, but at idle it is really annoying. Over all, pretty enjoyable. I would ride it again if I was shopping for a bike. But for the same price as an RC51? I don't know. Thanks for letting me rant!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts