Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of any good places to do some online hunting for a used bike, a Monster 900 in particular? I think I probably have my bases covered with ebay, cycletrader.com, the ducati index classifieds, and also I have looked at the Sacramento Bee online (I'm moving there soon). I have found a large handfull of Monsters out there but not too terribly many and while I realize that Monsters aren't like Japanese bikes as far as being a dime a dozen in the classifieds, I just want know if anybody knows of any other places I should/could be looking.

Never pet a burning cat.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Try your local Ducati dealer. They may have one in stock or you might just decide to buy new.

If I'm shootin at ya and ya stay still, your probably safe.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Sometimes you'll find a gem at:
http://www.craigslist.org/sfo/mcy/

The bay area is only a couple hours away from Sac, and is probably where you'll find most of the Monsters around NoCal. Every time I go to Sac though I see nothing but Harleys (holding up traffic as usual), so I commend you on breaking the trend. Hook up with MonsterJ, he's got a sweet Monster and lives up in Sac, too.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
I wish I had taken some video of his bike stationary, it really is a sweet ride! I think I have a bit of him on the track from DRA but I haven't taken the time to figure out Premiere. One of these days.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I was just getting ready to say cycletrader. I used that a lot when I was looking for mine

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool guys thanks. You gave me a couple other ideas I haven't thought of. MonsterJ is actually a good buddy of mine desmo dude. He used to be stationed up here with me in Alaska. He got me interested in Ducati's in the first place pretty much. It would be a big plus to have a duc with James around since he pretty much has torn into just about everything on his bike by now so he can keep me from screwing up too much stuff when it comes to working on it. He is about the funniest bastard in the world when he's drunk too. Just watch out for the beer muscles, he'll whack you in the shins with a torque wrench at the drop of a hat if you piss him off. Oh wait..... he does that sober too. /images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif

Never pet a burning cat.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bonzo: Subscribe to the DML (100% of the subscribers are Monster enthusiasts). Bikes are generaly in exceptional condition with moderate to heavy modification (mild to wild). There would be no single better source of information for a used monster. Subscribe, introduce yourself, tell them what you are after (year, model, color, modifications, etc. If its available, the listers will have a handle on it. http://www.mostro.org/

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Bonzo, so you're comin' from Alaska to Sactown, huh? Man, can you say climate-shock? I'm sure you know how hot the summers get up there. Make sure you get perforated leather and a tankbag full of water. Either that or you can be like all the Harley riders and go 30 mph in a T-shirt and skullcap. /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
/images/icons/laugh.gif Don't worry man I think people will respect you even more for that. Good idea Jaydee, I subscribed last night. My email is getting bombarded with Monster info now. I had seen the sight a few times before but I didn't know they had a mailing list setup too. Thanks yet again guys.

Never pet a burning cat.

·
Registered
72 Posts
ya MJ I'm on the list - I get the digest version as I don't have the time to keep up. Boy there is a wealth of knowledge there. I bought my wife an M600 when they first came stateside - liked hers so much I bought a S4 myself. With the S4 being what it is I sold my 748....damn I miss the track; but, I do enjoy corner carving with the Mrs. Monsters are a GREAT ride at something less than track pace.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts