Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. ate across from the ENTIRE hayden family in one of the back rooms at olive garden. and i mean the ENTIRE family... nicky, tommy, roger lee, mother, and the patriarch earl...!!! :)

2. later, also ate across from evil knievel who came in and was also seated across from us in this back dining room. i didn't even know it was him. not to be funny and with all due respect, but i honestly thought he had passed a few years ago...?

3. bumped into, introduced myself, and shook the hand of the great KENNY ROBERTS SENIOR over by the honda rig.

4. almost knocked over nicky hayden while i was shuffling tires as he (unbenounced to me) scurried around at my back looking for one of his rims in the goodyear garage.

5. chatted with al ludington

6. chatted with rich oliver

7. met dave wilkins the U.K. tire engineer who designed and brought to fruition the 207gp, gp star, and subsequently the 208, tire designs.

8. took a photo with mladin and got an autograph (prior to his crash).

9. got an autograph and chatted with yates (prior to winning the 600 race) telling him that he was my pick for the 600 title this year and for the race at daytona... and that all's he had to do was "hang it out" during the last few laps exactly like he did during road america last year and he's sure to win. by the time the competition (hacking, nicky, bostrom, duhamel, etc. etc.) figures out how to respond to what's goin' on with their "burnt up tires" it'll be all over with. LOL and be damned if that wasn't exacly what he did...!!! :)

10. fondled honda's V5 grandprix bike...!!! LOL

11. fondled rossi's championship winning 500 NSR.

12. learned that stock R6 wheels w/ rotors are oddly heavy as crap relative to everyone else's and therefore, no one riding an R6 has a chance of winning the 600 title. sorry gobert and buckmaster fans. :(

13. realized that after standing toe to toe with almost every successful racer both old and new... that a person doesn't stand a chance of competing successfully in motorcycle racing unless they possess the gene for "dwarfism". LOL

14. and last, but not least... waved hi to the great freddie spencer...!!! :)

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1/8

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2/8

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3/8

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4/8

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
5/8

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
6/8

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
7/8

78...? no... 76...!!!

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
8/8

the view from my condo balcony towards daytona beach overlooking the intercoastal water way. nice... right...? :) from this pic, you'd never believe it was 6:30am and a freezing 30-35 degrees.

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Looks like you had a lot of fun/images/icons/smile.gif! If I goto Daytona next year I am going to hang with you/images/icons/tongue.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif!!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I don't know if you guys heard about the 125 car pile-up in North Georgia last week but, the Haydens got caught up in it (traffic tie up) and they interviewed Roger Lee on the local news here in ATL. Looks like it was pretty cool down there Shamar I guess I will be seein you at Road ATL and I got my Laguna trip setup.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i'll be at road atlanta and laguna also. we'll have to hook up. daytona was a nightmare for me so I'm glad to hear Shamar had fun!!

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yup racer-X, i'm planning for road atlanta now. i'm going to call the airlines today. i spoke to my ex-wife last night who happens to live in atlanta to see if i could stay with her. that's the weekend of her birthday too. since i've never been to ATL, i'll probably "bang 'er" a few times and get her to show me around... LOL

wickdgsxr, trust me... i know it doesn't look that way, but daytona was somewhat of a "nightmare" for me too. i couldn't get any sleep all week because the Australians i was staying with in the condo, stayed up "partying" all night. don't get me wrong, they were nice guys, but i'm 32yrs old... so i stopped using the word "party" as a verb 10 YEARS AGO...!!! LOL i just wanted to go to sleep. sleep is one of my top 3 activities in life...!!! :) "schlepping" hundreds of rims and tires all day was wearing me out. and towards the end of the week (thursday) i contracted a vicious case of FOOD POISONING. :( it was all exiting from the posterior. LOL

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I got to things goin' as far as finding you at Road Atl 1. I know what you look like now and 2. I know my cell phone will work this time !/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hahahahaaa... so true... hey, you didn't by chance get an '02 R1 did ya...?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Actually, I have been trying to make up my mind. I still love my bike but, it's getting long in the tooth (17k). So, I am going to the credit union in the morning to see what I can work out. My brother is trading his '98 VFR for a '02 RC51 so I want to stay in step with him./images/icons/cool.gif The only problem is I don't know what color to get. Every time I see the red one it looks better and better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts