Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
almost four weeks after I first ordered it and 2 months after I realized that I was down to the cord, I recieved the front BT010 for my zx-12R. Spring is upon us and I have not been able to ride!

Well, now I am ready. I am having the tyres mounted today, I'll install the new sprockets, got some tuning done, and baby, I AM READY TO ROCK!!

__
Life is precious. Treasure it.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Re: FINALLY!! I got my front tyre

Where did you order it from? I'd like to know so I won't have to wait 4 WEEKS!

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I ordered it at chaparral. They never told me it was back ordered. WHen I asked they told, but said they should have it 4 or 5 days. 5 days later, it was "by next week". By next week, it was "next friday". On friday, it was next week, and tuesday next week it was "we don't know when". So I cancelled the order and called Tires Unlimited. I ordered there on wednesday, they shipped thursday, and it arrived at the local depot on friday. Had saturday not been a weekend, I would have had it then. As it was, I have it now and getting installed today.

Chaparral did ship the rear tyre without too much delay.

__

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

Glad to hear it Shotimer.
I'm waiting to hear your opinion on the gearing.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts

Shotimer, have you had much riding time with the 190 on the back?

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I just got them mounted on the wheels today and installed them on the bike. I had bought black wheels for my red bike last year and had been waiting for new tyres. I also installed the rear 47T sprocket, but I couldn't install the 17T front. I could not get the sprocket nut loose. The manual says it should be torqued to 94lbft, but believe it or not, the rear brake and engine compression could not hold the rear wheel stationary as I tried to undo that nut. Some jackass used an impact wrench to install that damn thing.

I also discovered that my steering head bearings are insanely tight. With the front lifted off the ground, if you center the handle bars and then tap one side, the forks should swing over to the other side freely. On my bike, it takes effort to turn the bars, even with the front of the ground. I will attend to that as soon as I am able.Between new tyres, a narrower rear, and correct head bearing tightness, I am about to discover that the bike is way better handling than I am used to.

I am out of town tommorow, but on wednesday I'll get a shop to swap the sprockets, I'll do the alignment, set the head bearing tightness and start playing with bike. I'll post my experiences with the tyres and the sprockets.

and oh yeah, those black wheels look deadly on the red bike.

__

1 - 6 of 6 Posts