Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, after many many hours being spent out in the garage, and prolly way too much money, we got my SV finally done and customised. actually, it'll never really be done. i plan on adding things along the way. but it's rideable again!!

below is a sample pic. more can be found at my website: http://www.her01sv.sportbikeworld.com/catalog.html
there you can see the pics of the naked SV, painting the parts, and done.

fyi-we did all the work ourselves, right down to the painting and such.

-Amy

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Most impressive. Very unique. That schitt looks fooking sweet.

HP is a poor substitute for experience and ability.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. sorry for the crappy pics. haven't been able to get it out in the sunlight long enuff to take better pics. ev'rytime i try, it beckons me to ride. /images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
547 Posts
yeah, like Joe said, beautiful customization. I wonder how did you make your own seat cowl and exhaust?
that seat cowl is really cool looking! When I first saw the picture with unpainted seat cowl, I thought you use something like Photoshop to add a cowl just too see how it would look like. I didn't know that was an actual cowl. Nice job, Amy

Mark

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
That looks awesome. I really like the tail and the headlights. Did you mold all that plastic your self?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Beautiful bike. Love the color and the lines on it. Congratulations. Now...Get out there and enjoy it!! /images/icons/smile.gif

JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry for the late reply guys...been busy.

thanks to all for the compliments. however, we've revised the looks once again. we had to re-do the clearcoat on it because we shot it a little thin. so, when we did, we added more red mother of pearl into it. the black turned to purple (not exactly what we wanted, but still looks cool nonetheless), the silver has more of a red hue, and we blacked out the headlights as well. i added new front springs, SVS clip-ons, sargent seat (the stock seat is horrible). just got in new footpegs, bar ends, fork guards, and clear protectors for the tank and tail.

kuma-we didn't make the seat cowl. it came with the fairing kit. both are from airtech. we didn't get all the hardware with it, the hanging brackets for it were made backwards (so we had to re-fab those), had to drill our own holes for ev'rything including the windshield, and painted it. it's definitely a unique seat cowl. looks like a falcon.

the tail section is stock except for the undertray and hugger/chainguard. those came from free street designs in france. makes it look like an r1 dussault undertail. shaved a lot of weight too by not even using the stock undertray at all. but because of that, we had to fabricate our own tail light brackets, EMI box bracket (i think that's what it's called), homemade battery box, and such. the rear pegs are now long nuts on a piece of all thread. we made the pipe from a CBR1100XX blackbird micron slip-on and the angle that it's at, we had to chuck the passenger pegs.

more mods to come as time goes on. seeing as how i'm not bringin in any moolah into the household, SV goodies are on hold. it'll be minor stuff. levers, lowered front sprocket, ss brake lines, carbon fiber bits and pieces, etc. it'll be an ongoing project.

and i have been enjoying it immensely. it's almost a totally new bike to learn. with the 5" lowered handlebars, snorkelectomy on the airbox, pipe, and such. put on 650 miles over the weekend, and could keep up with the big boys in the twisties juuuust fine.

thanks all!!

p.s.-if anyone wants any detailed information on the process, i'm putting together a booklet. most of the stuff we got didn't come with instructions.

-amy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts