Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPS just delivered my new baby. I must say first impression I like it better than Joe Rocket Phoenix. Plus the TI only cost 99.99. When it warms up I will have to give a report on how it does.

00 yzf
Team Blue
If I die on my bike,the day will only be half bad at least I was riding !!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I haven't heaerd anythinga bout the field sheer build quality for this type of jacket...but I have heard that Joe Rocket's version just falls apart in small getoffs. I heard that lining just rips and melts. and that it simply does not hold the padding where it needs to stay...

I'd like to hear some opinions on people that have had getoffs on these, I just can't trust them...

If I wanted ventilation I'd go with the new fieldsheer airspeed for $239.

just Ride!

·
Registered
882 Posts
I lowsided in a Fieldsheer X-Speed. It held up just fine.

The zipper holding the upper to the lower (two piece) did come undone. It might have hung up on something though like a handlebar.

I will still be using it, the damage is not bad enough to require buying a new suit. Besides, chicks dig battle scars /images/icons/wink.gif/images/icons/smile.gif

Einstein says high speed slows time, so go fast, stay young!
http://home.satx.rr.com/jroberts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got mine about 1 month ago....had the opptunity to wear it a few times already. I think the quality is MUCH better than J/R. It has hard armor in the shoulders AND elbows.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for not getting back so quick was hanging in Tampa for awhile. For the 100.00 I can't complain. The best I could do on the Joe Rocket was around 129 give or take some change with shipping.

Brockton had a coupon in Cycle world I believe and me and a bud ordered two and got free shipping and 10.00 off. So our total was 95 a piece.

I like the jacket. My guess is that it is a throw away once you go down serious like. I would think the same of the Joe Rocket too. I have not ridden with it since we are about 1-2 months away from serious heat. Bottom line is that I am pleased with my purchase. I really think they are making a stab at the Joe Rocket market and thier 99 price won't last long.

Sizing... I was on the cuff. I am 6' and am about 200 so I went with the x-large based on what the guy at FieldSheer told me. If you are around the same and are about 185 you might want a large. But the bottom line is that I am extremely pleased with the purchase.

00 yzf
Team Blue
If I die on my bike,the day will only be half bad at least I was riding !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts