Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I promised I would follow up and let you guys know how this jacket did. Well took my first spin with it this morning and the temp when I started out was 82 and 86 when I completed my ride. I have to say it was much better than I expected. My leather jacket has a perf front and in this heat I get extremely hot. But with the Ti I felt a lot cooler and when I did get a little warm I could sit up and lift my arm and let the air flow through. I just wish now I could get more air flow through the full face helmet then things would be nice.

Any way for 99.00 I think the jacket is worth it ... even if it was to last only 2 seasons.

00 yzf
Team Blue
If I die on my bike,the day will only be half bad at least I was riding !!

·
Registered
95 Posts
How is the padding in the jacket? I am considering getting one but I heard that they are a little flimsy. How is the quality (especially compared to the joe rocket?)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For 99.00 I am not complaining. The arms and back all seem fine. The Jacket also allows you to tighten it down around the wrist which I don't think the JR allows you to do. The best I could on a JR was around 130 local and base on e-buying I was looking at 119-129 plus shipping.

Get a copy of cycle world and look for Brockton Cycles add and there is/was a coupon number for 10.00 off internet orders and that brings your price to 99.00 even(cuts the shipping). Me and a Bud went in together when we ordered and ordered two and they had a code for 10.00 off the order and free shipping so we got ours for 94 a piece.

Wish I could show you mine... but don't have a digital camera. I did not like the looks of their leather. BTW I got mine in plain black. The red/black looks good so my guess is the blue/black would too.

It is my understand Field Shear Hileg (????) and First Gear all derived from the same place at one time.

00 yzf
Team Blue

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey depending on How far south you want to ride maybe I could ride north and show it to you. We head up to Shelbyville and points north at times. Let me know and maybe we could hook up if you want to see one in person.

00 yzf
Team Blue

·
Registered
95 Posts
I live in Nashville. I thinks that is a bit of a hike I'm not sure though. Where would be a good place to meet? Let me also ask about sizing. I am 5'11 about 165-170 and wear a 42L sports coat (I have long arms and an athletic build). According to their chart I am a small maybe medium. I'm not too sure about that. I have a first gear textile jacket and I wear a large. I talked to a guy at the shop and and he said he was 6 ft 170-180 and wears an x-large. What do you think? Last but not least I have some info on a group buy on the jackets but I'm going to start a new post. Let me know what you think

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Huntsville is about 90 miles south of Nashville. From Huntsville Shelbyville is about 45 miles. It is south of Murfeesboro TN (about 45 miles) which I believe is east of Nashville but a suburb I believe. I guess it all depends on where you live in Nashville. If you are near Vandy a place like Lewisburg would be about 1/2 way.

I called Fieldsheer or Bell Industries which is running the Web Site. I was on the edge in sizing. I am 6' and 195 and I got an X-Large. I think a Medium might be to small in the length, you may want to consider a large because of your height.

I can't see the difference for a 40 dollars more in the JR.

00 yzf
Team Blue

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I have a JR Phoenix and it does let you tighten up the wrists. And I got it for $99 at epowersports.com, incase anyone's interested.

Hey guys! Hangin out? I'll hang out!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll have to check that one out!

Thanks

00 yzf
Team Blue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts