Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello. i'm new to esportbike.com. i'm not sure if this question has been posted before but i was wondering if anyone would be able to give me the pros and cons between plastic, fiberglass street, and fiberglass race fairings. i'm having trouble deciding on which type to purchase. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Depends on what you plan on doing. For street use, the plastic OEM ones are going to be the most convenient. Fiberglass ones, even if precut for the lights, can be a nuisance to mount. If you get a race fairing, it won't have a place for lights, so you'd be on your own rigging something up.

Of course, if you're racing it's a no-brainer /images/icons/smile.gif

-nominal_squid-

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
isn't that an oxymoron...

`if our racing it's a no brainer'.... j/k.....

I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's not for racing, although i'd like to get on the track some day in the near future. i'ts pretty much like this. i damaged the upper and the right lower oem fairing. my problem is that i don't know if i should just replace it with oem plastics and pay the extra money, or replace it with fiberglass and deal with the whole drilling and painting deal. i'm just trying to get some input as to which one i would be better off with in the long run. i'm leaning more towards going with the fiberglass but i'm not to sure if i should get race or street. i've noticed that the race fairing has a larger upper and a smaller lower. would it be easier to deal with when it comes to servicing the bike or should i just go with the street fairing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts