Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got some pics of what they've done to show off their beefy tires? I'm looking to get rid of the 18-wheeler mudflap on the back of my bike and I'd like to see some solutions that worked well for you all.
Thanks.
EM

"2nd place is the 1st place loser." -- Source Unknown

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Hey Electro,

You definitly need to do something to that fender. I just picked up a trailer lighting kit from Canadian Tire the other day for $20 and I'm going to use it to integrate the turn signals into my rear brake lights. You can get instructions from http://www.sportbikeguy.com.

That 02 rear end should look oh so sweet with that fender chopped /images/icons/smile.gif I haven't done mine yet but probably will be working on it this weekend.

I'm not sure if any of the undertail kits for the 00 or 01 9R's would work or not? The tail was redesigned but I wonder if it was a significant enough redesign to render all of the current undertails useless?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
viper-zx6, i like the v&h but when i got back into riding last year, it was what i knew. years back when i rode v&h was the happening pipe to have and when i bought my bike i really didn't look around at what else that was out there. a lot of guys trash them but i thinks it's ok. if i bought another pipe i'd probably go with what worked for the bike best and sounded good too.

the pipe itself is a bolt on. not very loud at idle but you know it's coming at higher rpms (still nothing like D&D). one thing i like about it is there has been absolutely no leakage. i've heard stories about others that dont seal properly. overall i like it and personally think when it comes to bolt/slip on, they're all pretty close in price and performance. the only thing that really differs is sound. if i had to buy again, i'd probably look for something a little more throaty like Yosh or Micron.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Take a dremel to it! I just cut the ugly fender off my 12R and it looks a hell of a lot better. I do want to get a fender kit for it in the near future to make it look even better though.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I too, took the "ghetto route" and cut off my fender as well. it's the cheapest best cosmetic mod you can do IMO. The only problem with getting the fender eliminator kit, is that not only do you have to spend $150 - $200 bucks on it, but in my opinion to keep it looking nice, you have to also buy a hugger for another $150 bucks, to keep rocks and $h!t from messing it up. Again this is just my opinion...

steve

·
Registered
57 Posts
The first thing I did when I got the bike home was buzz saw the rear fender until I looked around and bought the Dussault kit ( good product )

Jeff

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That Eurobikes kit looks nice. Does it come with the integrator kit? Also how long does it take for delivery?

"2nd place is the 1st place loser." -- Origin Ambiguous

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
no offense but all these bikes remind me of a scot walking around with the back of his kilt flipped up, showing his hairy arse to the world.

These bikes don't look like they came like this from the factory. THey look like something got hacked off.
__
Life is precious. Treasure it.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have heard this and that about integrator kits..But no I bought the undertail from Eurobikes.com and as for my signals..I bought a Trailer Light relay from the auto parts store down the street....

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
ShotTimer. If looking at sportbikes gives you that image, then you might need some help. Just messing.

I Burn Dust and You Can Eat my rubber!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
You can always do what I did. I found a squid that totaled his ZX-7R. Well he had some goodies on it that I needed. Anyway, I bought his fender elimination kit for $20! Search for the squids, they're always wrecking their bikes.

Fear is a darkroom where negatives are developed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts