Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked to repost this. I chopped the rear fender on my RS and thoughit was very easy, any body can do it. I will start with some pics /images/icons/smile.gif.

“When the dogs are looking for their bones and it’s raining ice picks on your steel shores”

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

“When the dogs are looking for their bones and it’s raining ice picks on your steel shores”

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
need to attatch pic!

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is after the authorities reprimaned me for the plate placement /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok to do this I removed the rear plastic fender completely from the bike. Thsi involved taking apart rear sub frame. It could be done while on the bike but I think it was much easier with it off. When you look at this piese it was made to be chopped where I chopped it. It just jumps out, cut me here cut her. So I did. I used a dremal and then wet sanded to smoothings out. Thsi pic shows where I did the cutting.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Screwed up again.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally I shortend the blinker stand-offs and attatched them here. Alos fashened some little plastic shims so they would sit square to the bike.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The rear turn signals are the stock ones that you cut shorter? What did you use for shims? Thanks for posting this. I want to make this mod soon, just little scared that I will screw it up. (and I probably should get a hugger first as well).

Umm....bye.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The stock turn signals actualy come apart, ie the flexible plastic section slides out of the turn sgnal. I then filled this void with epoxy putty and drilled a hole for wires and screws. The signals are held on two stainless wood screws each. There are all ready little plastic shimes that are part of the current turn signal assembly that I simply sanded a little to get the right angle on them so the signals sat square.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Very nice job, I plan to get around to chopping some day. Lokks like first rate work and very clean.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I thought i would resurrect the nice job that 3 banger did on his bike, taken all the interest on turn signal changes.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! Wait till you see the new parts I working on /images/icons/wink.gif.

·
Registered
181 Posts
How are "they" going? I was looking at getting some plastic material to widdle (sp?) some mock ups out of and look around locally to "them" made.

Then again, I may have NO idea what you are talking about. And if I did I would not deny any such operation was taking place, if such operation were to be taking place.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There is an operation? /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'd tell ya, but I don't know anything about such an operation, and if I did I would not be at liberty to discuss said operation.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Posts? What Posts? I don't see no stinkin' posts.

Man I need to go for a ride. Who can change east coast weather?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All will be revealed by Sunday..maybe Monday /images/icons/wink.gif/images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 20 of 20 Posts