Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Im sorry, but the sound of metallica makes me ill. Theres no worshiping a band like that....I had to throw out all my albums, yes albums! I refuse to listen to anything they ever played. After hearing countless remarks from these so called metal gods, and seeing them butcher their own music live, I see they are nothing more then greedy old men... :2cents:
Cover bands are dime a dozens, I should know...Maybe creeping death should wake up and write their own music, drop the bad metal act, and stop living thier lives thru a bunch of washed up half ass musicians......I give them credit for being able to play thier instruments, unlike Metallica....... /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
More bikes than brains
5,319 Posts
each day I dig around for metal. I do it all over the internet and on the long island underground scene. And there is some really amazing stuff. Some real talent. And each day that goes by, Metallica seems less and less special. Take a band like Quo Vadis, whos been around for almost 10 years, and you see them crank out this blistering metal. Vocals are cutting, the guitars are insane, and the drums are inhuman. And I think they crush Metallica in every aspect. I would like to see a drum off between Lars and QV's man and have Lars' [censored] head explode when he hears him. Anyway im rambling, but so much has happened since Metallica, you got to broaden the horizons

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Fiddy1 said:
Im sorry, but the sound of metallica makes me ill. Theres no worshiping a band like that....I had to throw out all my albums, yes albums! I refuse to listen to anything they ever played. After hearing countless remarks from these so called metal gods, and seeing them butcher their own music live, I see they are nothing more then greedy old men... :2cents:
Cover bands are dime a dozens, I should know...Maybe creeping death should wake up and write their own music, drop the bad metal act, and stop living thier lives thru a bunch of washed up half ass musicians......I give them credit for being able to play thier instruments, unlike Metallica....... /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

To each his own. Megadeth sucks now too but I'll never throw out Rust in Peace. Besides, if you own the album they already made their money off you so to throw away the good stuff is just crazy!

·
eSandboxLivin
1,803 Posts
I'm sorry all you cheapa$$es who cant go out and buy an cd decide to boycot the band who influenced all those bands that you like. You people are blind to think the you, any one of those bands will stop at nothing to get every dime you/they deserve. Yeah Metallica didnt go about it the right way, but they did there own thing and I respect them for it.

·
eSandboxLivin
1,803 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Fiddy1 said:
Whatever...........Once Metaliica sold out to the record company they lost my respect. I could care even less about a metallica cover band... Maybe the Lars wannabe could shut down another ptpft(napstr):flame: :808919-icon_police: F-Metallica

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.. but you also cried about napster.. :bawling: :bawling:

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
i think of Metallica the way I think of the Beastie Boys. They f-cking suck now, but at one point in time they were really good. I listen to the music for that. I dont buy or listen to the new crap, but the old stuff is there and it was good.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Old Metallica taught me how to play guitar. I wore out copies of Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets in my teen years. I don't listen to it much anymore, but it brings a smile to my face when I do.

I've always thought that bands have a shelf life; they'll only have so much of the music that defined them, and after that, it will change. That is, if they have any talent. If they don't you'll be left with AC/DC. Same album year after year after year. True, Metallica sucked after Justice, but to say that their music had no influence and is no longer valid because they sold out is ignorant.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I guess I'll set myself up a bit and say I like both the old and new. I've been a fan since ~1988. It started as just music to "piss your parents off" and grew from there.

In the "old days" they were unique and cutting edge. After Justice the records were much farther apart and there were some significant personal events between each record that changed the music. People change over time, it happens.

The thing that's always appealed to me compared to some others is the musicianship I see (hear) in their music. I have a bit of a musical background (many years of classical concert band) and as a guitar player wannbe I can appreciate some of the things they do. Perhaps I've got biased ears but some of this new stuff on the radio is just one riff and one chorus over and over again... zzzzz. I don't really follow the "scene" so if there's new stuff out there I'm all ears.

I saw them in concert a month or two ago and thought it was a really good show. The sound wasn't great were I was sitting (I recall past concerts being MUCH louder) but the performance was excellent. They blasted through "Puppets" and "Fire with Fire" at a million miles and hour, it was amazing! To me it's impressive that one band can pull off those contrasted with "Nothing Else Matters" and "Unforgiven".

If anyone knows of instrumental versions of Megadeath's records let me know. The guitar work is awesome but Dave's singing is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.

The Napster thing was just ugly. I can understand both sides of that equation. I think that Napster was wrong to be giving away other's copyrighted work but the whole thing got way out of hand.

my $0.02.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
yeah, after I heard lars talking about napster and then going on and on about MONEY MONEY MONEY, I relized that that bastard only cares abotu himself and his money. Screw him, screw them! They all suck.

Now, with that said, I own all their cd's up to the black cover. IMO they sold out trying to sound like the new trendy music which is total bunk and a band like metallica whose been around forever should know, trends dont last... :808875-bs:

·
Registered
973 Posts
justice was the last decent album they did. now by getting robbie t from suicidal they have ruined 2 bands! i saw them years ago and when they did the 4 horseman as a acoustical number i knew it was over.
not everything changes with time,the ramones were at it for the same amount of time,never sold out,slayer,same thing,motorhead....i can go on and on but you get the point.
they sold out for money period! when you start seeing guys in dockers and izod shirts at a show you have to wonder what happened.
so many new bands are out there that just blow them away.
any of the drummers from slipknot make lars look like a rookie,and i will not go into how much the rest of them suck.
it should also make you wonder why garage days was probably the best album they ever did,because someone else wrote all the songs.
its easy to say they influenced all the modern bands but they didnt,they would have been influenced by the same bands metallica was.

metallica is a band for yuppie punks and i will leave it at that.
the band josh is talking about i have seen,and they are better than metallica ever was.

·
eSandboxLivin
1,803 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
dragonchaser13 said:
justice was the last decent album they did. now by getting robbie t from suicidal they have ruined 2 bands! i saw them years ago and when they did the 4 horseman as a acoustical number i knew it was over.
not everything changes with time,the ramones were at it for the same amount of time,never sold out,slayer,same thing,motorhead....i can go on and on but you get the point.
they sold out for money period! when you start seeing guys in dockers and izod shirts at a show you have to wonder what happened.
so many new bands are out there that just blow them away.
any of the drummers from slipknot make lars look like a rookie,and i will not go into how much the rest of them suck.
it should also make you wonder why garage days was probably the best album they ever did,because someone else wrote all the songs.
its easy to say they influenced all the modern bands but they didnt,they would have been influenced by the same bands metallica was.

metallica is a band for yuppie punks and i will leave it at that.
the band josh is talking about i have seen,and they are better than metallica ever was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.. because we all know that what people wear makes the music! :rolling: :rolling:

And I guess I can see all these new metal bands crankin out Diamondhead, Saxon, and Blitzkrieg in the early 90's instead of Metallica, Pantera, Megadeth, and Slayer.. that makes sense.

And one more thing.. Robert Trujillo came from Ozzy..

Your whole argument is ignorant and stupid.

·
eScreaming Dizbuster
12,112 Posts
I've got one Metallica album, the black one. I got it after I heard "Enter Sandman" once. I should have listened a little closer before wasting my money. Killer riff, sure, but embarrassing lyrics (Enter night, exit light, off to Never Never Land :rolling:) and perhaps the lamest guitar solo ever recorded. And that's the highlight of the album.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts