Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going... First time on esportbike. I just got a new 954, very stoked about it. I'm wondering if anyone has had trouble with their 954 popping out of gear? I've got about 50 miles on mine and it's happened 4 or 5 times already, going between 3rd and 4th gear.

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Is this your first bike, if not take it to the shop not normal.

Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
hmmm, I would let the dealer take a look at it..

<font color=red>SilverF4/images/icons/cool.gif
<font color=blue>"Respect the Wrist!!!"

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Before you take it anywhere, remove the shift lever and adjust it to suit how you sit on the bike. More often than not, this shifting problem is caused by not enough firmness in shifting. Also check your chain tension, some Hondas start shifting like crap if it's too loose/tight.

-nominal_squid-
SMUSA #11

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
nominal hit it on the head...also, if you've got some new gear (boots), that's probably a big cause. New bike, new gear. If that's the case, you'll normally adjust soon, but check things out for sure.

<font color=red>follow the leader..."he's on a honda, mine!"</font color=red>

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
WWAAIITT!!!! I missed a shift once, used more pressure on the lever and it happened again and again. If you use too much pressure it could bend the shift fork. I use very little pressure and haven't missed a shift since.

HP is a poor substitute for experience and ability.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The 929 was notorious for doing that between first and second. If it's third through fourth, it might just be the same thing as on the previous bike. If adjusting the shift lever doesn't help, just make a mental note to always make sure and give it a hard, positive shift from third to fourth.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I'd be wary of any bike that 'popped out of gear' between 2-3-4-5-6. it's not kosher.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
What!!!!OMG, Honda is not perfect!!NO WAY, Every Honda owner seems to think that they are...lol/images/icons/laugh.gifj/k

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
audioman929RR, what web site am I on. As a member, i'm free to go and post where ever I feel free there buddy. Nowhere in the rules does it say "You cannot post in any other manufacture's board other than the one that you own" now does it. Get over it man, you don't own the Honda board. And I highly doubt you haven't ever posted in another board other then Honda, so don't be a hipocrit. And besides...I WAS JOKING AROUND!!!! Have a splended day pal/images/icons/smile.gif and be /images/icons/cool.gif!

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Sounds like your not doing a full positive shift. Try shifting a bit slower and maybe a bit harder or positively shifting...if you continue to have problems then for sure take it back

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Not harder, I have a 954 and the harder I shifted the more it did it, I started shifting lightly and haven't missed a shift since. If you shift harder you risk bending a shift fork. I also noticed the shifts got more positive at 7-800 miles.

HP is a poor substitute for experience and ability.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts