Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\"FACME\"!!! Friggin\' DMV Censors!

FACME! I got a letter in the mail yesterday from the DMV stating that my requested prestige tag FACUE was offensive? Imagine that?

They said they'd refund my money or I could try another prestige tag... I wonder if they keep my first request on record? I might try getting away with PHAQ?

Anybody know how to say "FU" in Italian? Any other ideas for my custom tag?

By the way, since it will be a while before I get my tag... here are a few pics of my chopped tail, my tag's still a little mangled. I had to relocate it a little further back. Basically I just used the stock fender and chopped the hell out of it:

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: \"FACME\"!!! Friggin\' DMV Censors!

I had to modify this area on both sides too to make the lines flow a little better:

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts

LOL. That sucks man, sorry.

Nice Corvette!

You really banged up that plate didn't you. /images/icons/laugh.gif The final outcome looks really sweet. Good job.

·
Registered
648 Posts

hey kramrd, nice fender eliminator job, i want to do the same on my 48. Had a couple of questions though, How is the license plate attached to the modified fender and How did the license place get mangled?

Oh, and where are ur rear indicator lights.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I made a custom aluminum bracket that mounted further forward using the existing 2 holes up front... unfortunately my plate was only about 3" from the tire, I didnt think the rear would compress THAT much? My plate got mangled probably doing a wheelie and compressing the rear?

I attached the plate to the fender by unscrewing the two screws which hold the tag light in place... you have to remove it if you ever need to change a bulb. I just aligned the plate over the holes and drilled them to use the existing screws. The only other hole I need to make was a nickle sized hole for the bulb/wiring on the back of the tag light.

Trust me, just remove the tag light assembly and you'll see 3 holes... two small on the outside and one big one in the middle. Just punch/drill the same holes on the plate which will now be held in place by the tag light.

I'm still trying to think of a vanity plate, I'll try PHAQ, but if that gets rejected I may take some of ThirdNinja's ideas...

CODE 4 = speeding vehicle
10-7 = ?
IM 918 = ?

Hopefully someone can elaborate on some other police radio codes.

M.

·
Registered
883 Posts

Hmmm.........around here I think Code 4 means no assistance needed.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts

Ha! 10-7 around here is "Criminal Mischief", and Code 4 is "Hit and Run". The first might apply, if you're prone to occasional attacks of squidliness /images/icons/wink.gif.

-nominal_squid-

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Here's the Adult Italian Slang page:

http://www.notam02.no/~hcholm/altlang/ht/Italian.html

I particularly like this one:

Soccia! (excl.)
"[censored]!"(litterally "Suck it ") Used in Bologna to avoid to say "Socmel!" a blasphemous expression that means "Socmel". It souds very similar to it. Very useful in Bologna.

My DMV says I can have only 6 letters on my tag... there's two ways to say FU in Italian, the first is "VAFFANCULO" and the second which isnt quite a strong a statement as the first is "FOTTITI", both mean FU but I cant fit them on my plate!

Take a look at the Italian page, any other ideas?

M.

·
Registered
296 Posts

VELOCE (fast),CAIO, DESMO, DESMO4, 4V DUC, IH8HDS,H8RAIN,QUACK.

I have ELUSIV on mine.

·
Registered
104 Posts

10-96 Mental Subject in colorado.... or
Code 7 Coffee Break
10-31 Crime In Progress
10-16 Domestic Trouble

but you NEVER want this one
10-79 Notify Coroner

Hope this helps :p

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts

DUC748 has a nice ring to it. /images/icons/wink.gif

My wife works at the Sherifs office on the weekend and I had her look up Desmoe. Some guy with a 916 already had it in Maryland.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts

What about PH KIT.
Tell them you own a pool cleaning business. /images/icons/wink.gif

Welcome to Las Vegas.....Now go home!!!!

·
Registered
5,036 Posts

BELLA1
THEDON
PASTA or PASSTA (could be the noodles or "passed ya"}
VELO 1
VFORCE
VFORZA
PREGO
BLUBYU
MANGIA (as in eat my exhaust)

10-7 means out of service, and a signal 7 meant a dead person. We had no code 4, but a signal 4 was a motor vehicle accident.

Here in Florida we have many commemorative plates and one of them is a Challenger plate to commemorate the Space Shuttle disaster back in the 80s. Someone ordered a Challenger plate with "KABOOM" on it and it actually got made and delivered to the DMV office. It wasn't until they went to pick it up that the clerk noticed it and refused to hand it over /images/icons/laugh.gif.

Take care,
Gregory

I could have been a squid, but I was too busy posing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts