Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 f4i and was looking to buy a slip-on, i'm either gonna go with Two Brothers C2 or a D&D pipe, really I only want it for noise so I need a pipe that sounds good. What would be my best way to go? Enlighten me with your thoughts!

·
Registered
640 Posts
My thoughts are - between those two go with the 2 Bros. D&D is trash. Are they loud? Yep - cause some guy rolls up an aluminum sleeve in his garage. There's your quality as well. Some people like em - but it's the only pipe that I'd rather run stock than put on my bike. But that's my opinion.

If I put what I wanted in this signature, I would piss too many people off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Two Bros. is nice but I LOVE my Micron. Sweet sound if you are looking for some noise it's the perfect pipe. Fit and Finish is kick ass. A little loud for some but a nice deep tone. Stay away fom the D&D!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Stiletto pipe here...yes i know not many know of it or like it..but it isnt so bad...

where is best place to pick up new Slip On, and installed? or is it better to get fully new exhaust system?
what are pros, cons, differences?

Balls to the Wall!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm trying to stay within a reasonable price range and the research I did shows me that Micron is far more expensive, I'd like to keep it under $400

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
If you go to http://www.discountmotorcycleexhaust.com You can get yourself a aluminum slip on (high or low mount) for 315 or one of the colored aluminum cansisters including the ones that fade from color to color for 375 (ex. from silver to black). They also have the Two Bros any cansister in carbon, titanium, or x-metal for 375 and the aluminum one is 265 but you cannot get the C-5 canister.

By the way of the choices go two bros but get the c-5. I've heard its a little deeper sound than the others. I have the c-5 on my F3 and it sounds awesome. Deep growl at idle and very loud at high RPM's.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
May I suggest an aluminum M4 slip on...I bought one for my 01 YZF600R last summer from www.cycledepot.net for $205ish

Althought a friend of mine has a red aluminum micron slip-on on his F4i...imo it sounds better than the M4 on my bike...don't know how big a difference it makes comparing two different bikes though. The Micron does sounds super sweet though....

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
may I suggest you save your money and go to a track/racing school. You will be much faster for it, and you'll impress not only chicks, but also the fellow riders with your improved skills.

I bought an Erion exhaust; it just introduces a flat spot, and then you want to buy a Power Commander, at that point, youre 600$ in the hole, and could have paid for 2 days of instruction. Just my $.02

·
Registered
770 Posts
Of the two pipes, I'd definitely go with the Two Bros. Better quality as well as sound. Don't forget to look at Jardine pipes as well. Very nice quality and a sweet, sweet sound. I just put one on my g/f F4 and she couldn't be happier. It has a nice deep growl at lower rpm's and screams up top, but not obnoxiously loud. We were choosing between the Two Bros. and the Jardine. Found a nice Jardine on Ebay for $167. Sweet... /images/icons/smile.gif

Good luck,

JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

·
Registered
784 Posts
Just bought an M4 Titanium slip on and it sounds great. A guy I ride with has a Two Brothers slip on and the M4 sounds just as good if not better. It has a deep sound and looks good with the silver/black color scheme on the F4I. Was a little worried since M4 has not been around as long as Two Brothers and Micron, but I am very pleased and would recommend it. Plus you will save a little money compared to other slip ons.

RYDE OR DIE ! ! ! !

·
Registered
545 Posts
I love my M4 exhaust. Not too loud or obnoxious. Purrs actually. /images/icons/smile.gif Well worth the money. Which really wasn't even that much.

Feleena

·
Registered
698 Posts
Don't get the D&D for the F4i. I buddy of mine has one right now. It's loud as hell, but lost so much low-end that it wasn't worth it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts