Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some IRP frame sliders coming for my F4i and was wondering if someone who has installed them could give me some hints on how install.
thanks

redCBR

Fly N LOW

·
Registered
656 Posts
Youll need a wad of clay and a hole saw a little bigger then the sliders, and some masking tape. Place the wad of clay over on the fairing(inside) where the motor mount is. Be carefull and line the fairing up in its original place.When you pull the fairing off youll have a perfect indentation of the motor mount on the fairng. Use a small drill bit and drill a hole in the center of the clay, where the mount left the indentation. Place the masking tape on the outside off the fairing, around the small hole you drilled. The use the larger hole saw and make the hole drilling slowly thru the masking tape. When your done you should end up with a perfect hole where you need it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I read about this in a magazine once. Isn't the masking tape used so that you can trace the circumference of the slider? I would guess the curviture of the fairing might prevent a perfect trace, but you should be able to around just enough so when you cut the hole, it won't be too big.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Actually,you would not need a clay,If you take out the fairing,The F4i is padded with foam and it will leave a mark on the foam when you put it back on it's original place.

<font color=red>F4i</font color=red>

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds fairly straight forward. Thanks for the help. I will post pics when i am done. I should have them on monday.

redCBR

Fly N LOW

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I finally got my sliders and the engine mount bolt torque is 29 ft/lbs. They look good too.

redCBR

Fly N LOW

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They were actually very easy to install. I used the foam on the inside of the fairings to get my marks. Then i drilled my pilot hole and put masking tape around it to protect the stickers. Next I used a 2 inch hole saw to make the holes. After that i sanded the inside of the hole with 280 and then 400 grit paper. I will be adding that little rubber U trim stuff to the holes to make it look more finished this weekend probably.

redCBR

Fly N LOW

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yep that is going to be the next job, but school is taking up too much of my tinkering time so it will have to wait awhile. Might just do an undertail.

redCBR

Fly N LOW

1 - 20 of 20 Posts