Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well I dont remember exactly but it went something like this: No rapid acceleration or full throttle starts for the first 600 miles; and vary your rpm range.

Hangup that damn cellphone and drive!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Kill it? This is a Honda - I couldn't kill it if I tried - haha ok maybe I could if I really TRIED!

If it ain't broke, then what the hell were you trying to do?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I agree with G_Man, when i am in the twisties if i am below 10 grand i am going to slow.

redCBR

Fly N LOW

·
Registered
377 Posts
WOW i broke it til 1,000 km but i guess you guys are talking miles. I kept it below 7 ish but varied the range. I have 3500km on it and still find that the speed keeps getting a litter higher and the rpms keep gettin a little lower. But I could be wrong. -i

·
Registered
698 Posts
I broke my F4i in hard, not according to the manual. I've thrown over 10,000 miles on my bike and I haven't had a problem yet. Basically, I stretched the entire rev range of each of the gears while staying above 4,000 RPM. I also avoided constant speed for the first few hundred miles and changed the oil every 200 miles for the first 600 miles.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Good until your CCT goes out at about 5000miles and honda has yet to fix it.

Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs

·
Registered
103 Posts
This all reminds me of a story about a Harley Bash where they get a Kawasaki sport bike and tried to kill it to make a point of how Jap vs American made sucked.

They stripped the radiator off and drained all coolant.
Then they proceeded to redline the mofo straight.

Guess what. It went on redlining for 30+ minutes and wouldn't die.

The only way they got any satisfaction was when someone set it on fire with gasoline ... and it still RAN. :)

Imports and modern bikes hold together a lot better than you think so stop worrying so much and work on rider skillz for more riding pleasure.

If it ain't broke, then what the hell were you trying to do?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts