Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know a bunch of you cats have f3s and love them, here's the deal, somewhere while riding i lost my fuse cover...area is- uner throttle....it's like 4 inch by 2 inch piece of plastic held in my one screw, i was wondering if any of you had any extra ones? verrrry doubtful, i've been running through ebay and found full plastic kits but the guys don't want to givei t up,a nd i don't know if ia want to buy a brand new one...last choice is to just make one..which my father proposed and doesn't sound like the worst idea. anyone?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I guess if you have some metal working skills you could make one out of a thick sheet metal (if its like what the f2 has), then either paint it, or do what i did with my stock one.
When i bought my bike it had two holes drilled in it where the previous owner had switches. I couldnt find the right color to re-paint that part (custom paint on my bike because it was dropped) so all i did was cover it with carbon look tape from tapeworks.com
If you want some pics of what it looks like just let me know and i'll post them here.

Mike
92 CBR 600F2
"95% of Harleys are still on the road today.
5% actually made it home"

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I have an F2 and my fuse cover is still waiting to be put on. I dont have the screw and bracket that the screw goes into. Best bet is to keep with what youre doing and looking on ebay otherwise fabricate one. There was a vendor at the long beach bike show months ago that had a material that you use to form any shape you needed from. Ideal for fixing holes, patching, broken pieces of plastic.. basically you mold what you need. Anyone remember the company that had this stuff?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts