Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
954 owners: I'm going to put a slip on exhaust on my 954.I'm looking for something that isnt "real" loud. I have a Yoshimura RS3 race pipe on my F4i; I like the pipe but i'ts a little loud. Im looking for something with a moderate "throaty" sound, preferrably in a Titanium can.

Also I'de like to know what pipes/systems other 954 owners are using and how you guys like them. Any replies will be appreciated.

Hangup that damn cellphone and drive!

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
There aren't too many options if you want a quiet pipe. Akrapovic is nice and slightly louder than stock... But after a few thousand miles it gets extremely loud. Hindle is a nice setup and you can get the Stealth can for real quiet running. Micron offers a db eater that is a possibility.

But if you don't want sound why do you want an exhaust?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info.Its not that i dont want sound,I just dont want a super loud pipe.The yoshi on my F4i gets annoying after a while. Dont get me wrong I'm not an old man,I can appreciate a nice grumbly race pipe,I just want the one on the 954 to sound a little tamer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I put an Erion slip-on on my 954. Sounds great, not loud enough to attract too much attention, especially at low RPM, but on the highway, at higher RPMs, it screams and cars do notice you.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The durability of the damping material depends on the type of motorcycle, riding style, mileage etc. Normally, single and twin cylinder engines produce a stronger exhaust gases wave pulse and a higher temperature.
The insulating material should be replaced when you notice any visual changes on the muffler sleeve material, usualy the damping wool should be replaced every 2 years. Of course, if you are constantly hitting the rev limiter ...
Akrapovic seems to be pretty quiet when brand new, and gets louder has miles pass by. When you think it's getting too loud, just change the damping wool.
I was thinking of getting one for my 954, but that devil shotgun is a killer ! The problem is it's hard to get where I live.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Full force,I dont know much about the d&d.Is it a good pipe and how would you rate it against the stock exhaust-soundwise?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Full-Force is pulling your leg! /images/icons/shocked.gif D&D pipes have a reputation around here as the squid pipe of choice...they're far from quiet. Mirage likes his, though I couldn't hear it over the Renegade-piped Falco he was right behind /images/icons/laugh.gif

-nominal_squid-
SMUSA #11

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

put a d&d on it for a very quiet ride

<hr></blockquote>

Besides D&D jardine has a really quite pipe!/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
961 Posts
D&D quiet. -

" You very, very funny white boy. I kill you last."

I eat a scooby snack & take a disco nap. I'm shoppin at sears cuase I don't buy at the gap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts