Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help.........!!!!!!

I have a new red aluminum micron s-bend high mount slip-on and there is a drip coming from the end can near the rubber between the end can & connector.

When riding it spits driplets on swingarm, while stopped it creates a small puddle beneath.

Also is it normal that the end can and connector pipe when attached & tightened still be a little loose. If I grab the can it moves a little up/down @ the connecting point???

Please give me feedback......its driving me crazy!!

also posted @ Yamaha thread

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Stick your finger in the liquid, and smell it.

If it smells like gasoline or oil and is dark or green (coolant), take your baby to a mechanic and tell him. If the bike is still under warranty, then all the better: Scream at the dealer until they repair it for free, or replace the bike. Oil or Gasoline in your exhaust means you have an expensive problem - Heads, valves, water jacket etc...

However, since you didn't mention the bike is running poorly (which it would if something that serious was wrong), I suspect that the liquid you mentioned will be colorless and odorless... Makes great ice cubes!!!/images/icons/laugh.gif

Seriously - It's probably just condensation - Let your motor warm up: What color is the smoke? White = steam. Go for a long ride, and you'll get rid of it all. If it really bothers you, get a plug for your can so moist air can't condense in there.

Scott /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Does more condensation come out if the bike is running too lean or rich I wonder?

<hr></blockquote>

I'm really sorry, dude, but ROTFLMFAO!!!!! /images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif

Condensation is the same water that magically appears on your glass of iced tea!! As the pipe cools, water vapor condenses on the inside of the pipe and collects... Has nothing to do with jetting.

Scott /images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

If it smells like gasoline or oil and is dark or green (coolant), take your baby to a mechanic and tell him.

<hr></blockquote>

Bro, I doubt it's gasoline, for I'm sure it would've burned up by now! /images/icons/laugh.gif

You didn't say how long you're riding or if you've just washed the bike or something...

If it's antifreeze...GET IT TO A MECHANIC IMMEDIATELY!!! /images/icons/shocked.gif

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah, what scottreq said... water is a natural product of combustion... if the pipe doesn't heat up enough to keep the water as vapor, then it will condense and collect in the pipes... most factory exhaust systems actually have small drain holes strategically placed so that the water doesn't collect and prematurely corrode the inside of the exhaust system. I betchya ya don't see any water at all after 100 miles on a hot summer day, but it's still there, just not cold enough to condense inside the pipe.

Unless, of course, it's green and smells like anti-freeze... in that case, ditto what everyone else said about taking it into the shop.

·
eChuckB
7,122 Posts
OK
I can help here. I have a Micron also and when I first installed it there was a minute leak at the same place where yours is. This is condensation that is leaking from the slip fit connector under the clamp. Do not attempt to overtighten the clamp to fix this, it will not help. If you used some sealant on the joint when you did the installation, this minor leak will fix itself in a very short time. If not, you may want to disassemble and use the recommended high temp sealant. All in all this is a minor concern, ride the bike and enjoy the sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts