Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I was wondering what you all think of the rear hugger offered by triumph for the sprint rs? Apparently it is only carbon print, which is probably just like their carbon print tank protector? Anybody own this? Comments? What are the alternatives?

Since we lost the old posts, I can't do a search for this info. Can anyone comment on D&D slip-ons? epowersports.com has they for pretty cheap, much cheaper than what triumph has to offer. Would you recomment the triumph cans?

Thanks!
Sean

Umm....bye.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I have the Triumph can, but can only compare it to the stock can, cause i haven't seen\heard any of the others. It looks a whole lot better than stock, sounds a lot better, and adds a significant pyschological advantage in that is gives the bike a much better voice, and supposedly better throttle response. If I had to do it all again, or had more money, I think I'd go with the Two Brothers, which supposedly adds more power, sounds better, and is lighter than the Triumph can.

·
Registered
883 Posts
D&D's are typically LOUD, LOUD, LOUD. Don't know any specifics on the ones for Triumph though. The Truiumph CF can sounds good to me. It's not too loud but louder than stock and a great tone. It's pretty light so I would think that anything lighter is just numbers (a "half the weight of a 40z can is still only 2ozs lighter" kind of thing) Can't compare power as I never rode one stock.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are the Two Brothers and Triumph aftermarket pipes street legal? If D&D is too loud, then I definitely don't want it. I don't like the stock can because I hate cleaning it! I want something black or carbon fiber.

Thanks again!
Sean

Umm....bye.

·
Registered
883 Posts
No aftermarket can is really street leagal in the US. It would be easier to get away with the Triumph can cause you can say "This IS the Triumph exhaust, Sir". It's also easy to get away with anything that is very quitet. D&D is very obviously not leagal but lots of people still get away with it, I did for a few years but eventually I got a fixit.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
After having the stock, Triumph Carbon and now the Two Bros on my ST. I would definitly go with the Two Bros. It is the lightest, best fit and finish, nice racey sound, but not too loud and makes 1-3HP more than stock. I have not had my bike dynoed, but another guy with it, dynoed about 105 at the rear wheel. That is about 3 more than stock. I would also look into a K&N filter, about $40-45, you might gain some extra hp with that as well. Very easy to install and is reuseable. Good luck.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
PS Look into Carbotex for your hugger, looks like really nice stuff and real carbon fibre.

Triumph Sprint ST

·
Registered
376 Posts
Go with the TwoBros, ask Nugget, I broke his in for him, he he!! The painted hugger for the 02 Daytona will fit the RS, same, swing arm, but you still need to drill the holes.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I like the Triumph rear hugger except for the fake carbon fiber. I first tried to have mine color coated to match the bike but between the painter's color blindness and my impatience, I ended up having it sprayed matte black with a finish clear coat (as well as the rear section of the front fender so they match). I like WildRS's idea about the Daytona hugger. As far as the pipe, I love the Two Bros pipe. The sound is addicting and the bike does run noticibly better after the pipe and software download. Don't think you could go wrong with Two Bros.

Nugget'01 Sprint RS

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching me!

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I have the Two Bros pipe. it is louder then stock, but stock was pretty quite. I would with the 2 Bros pipe my bike is on par with my roomates stock TLR 1000 for loudness. I have the Rear hugger also, though the fake carbon was lame so paited it satin black.

“When the dogs are looking for their bones and it’s raining ice picks on your steel shores”

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Here is the hugger

“When the dogs are looking for their bones and it’s raining ice picks on your steel shores”

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Nice bike 3banger. Before I got my 9r I was really close to picking one of the Rs's up. How many miles do you have and is the bike problem free?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
14,000 ish and about 3000 on the Two Bros. Pipe. More or less problem free. The valves went out of adjustment a little before the required 12,000 check. Still consumes a little oil throught the left hand side crank cover, a common Triumph problem.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The price of the triumph hugger is pretty expensive for something that I would want to repaint. Why the heck is plastic so expensive?!

Umm....bye.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I just had them through it in with the deal when I bought the bike. Same with the belly pan.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts