Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know I'm a dork. I played the original EQ for a few years when it came out and then got bored with all the new stuff. So I just got EQ II and it's pretty slick. I was just wondering if there are any other EverCrack addicts out there that will be playing EQ II.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I'm "still" a pretty sick FFXI Addict, but never tried EQ yet. Its kinda hard to "try" MMO games if your already playing one, since the HUGE amounts of time games of this nature kinda require :smirk:

I do know the population of FFXI, has drop alittle due to EQ2 and Worlds of Warcraft. Not that I also feel compelled to switch over, does the fact remains that it must be a very respectable game, to sway players that like games of this nature to change.

Is the game format similar to EQ1 (Pick a race and job, and stay with it the duration of the game), or has this been adjusted? Is it for PC only or is a EQ2 for the PS2 avabliable/in the works?

I'm curious... :grin:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I used to play FFXI but I never invested enough time into the gameto get anything passed level 30. Was allot of fun but like you said, you have to play allot. I just can't sit still very long I guess.

I know some people that started playing Warcraft game. Graphics looked like cartoons to me. I never saw EQ2 or 1 though.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I just started playing World of Warcraft over the weekend.

It's awesome. Everything that made the original EQ annoying has been removed/fixed. Graphics are great, gameplay is awesome, quests are plentiful and fun. Awesome game.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
zafzo said:
Yes I know I'm a dork. I played the original EQ for a few years when it came out and then got bored with all the new stuff. So I just got EQ II and it's pretty slick. I was just wondering if there are any other EverCrack addicts out there that will be playing EQ II.

[/ QUOTE ]

MMO"S ARE TEH EVAL!!!!!!111111~seventy!11!

seriously i played Star Wars Galaxies for a bit but those games take over way too much. I prefer to get my kicks on games like HL2, CS:Source, Need for Speed Underground 2, etc.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I've been really curious about WoW and its playing format. From what I understand the Race/job selection is similar to EQ (in other words, your stuck in what you pick from the start, til whenever u decide to stop). I prefer having choices and customizing (something that FFXI has in bunches, as far as job selections and playing styles). One of my complaints in FFXI are that the ONLY way to progress your characteris to literally devote DAYS (and I do mean REAL LIFE DAYS) of JUST fighting things in "parties". Look I love video games, but I have a hard time doing something I "like" for the next 10hrs :808908-wtf: I think the "general" attention span of a normal active person with a life is about lv 30, in game terms (which can usually be achived in about a 7days, of after work playing), course this is dependant on how much "help" you get from others (which this might sound, but I'm not found of a game that forces you to play with others, rather than making it the "option" to play with others...because "kids" don't play "nice" :808876-nono:)!

I say this becauase from what I understand, WoW game format has a multipul ways to progress your charater (exp. can be gained thru fighting, and doing missions, etc.) unlike FFXI. Which cartoony grafix aside, has made a major factor in why people are drawn to WoW, course if a person was a fan of Warcraft 3, your probley used to WoW's type of grafix anyhow.

I'm curious to know...is EQ2 based on the same XP style of FFXI or does it have something similar to WoW?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts