Sportbike Racing Forum banner
81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
SpikedLemon said:
I see several bikes on your site... What's the flavor of the season for next year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question.

Site needs updating, but last year I rode an R6. It took me all year to sort it out. I want to go back to the SV, but I don't know how big that class will be for my region. I plan on starting with the R6...if I see a big lightweight grid I'll buy another SV.....if not.......I'll stick with the meatgrinders.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Outlawbiker said:
So what about the SV class do you prefer? Is it easier to race, less competition, or just plain cheaper?

[/ QUOTE ]

A little bit of everything.

The tires on the SV could usually go two weekends - lots cheaper right there.

Less competition? Well yes and no. I liked not having to race the semi pros or or the guys chasing contingency money for a living. SV racers all seem to be true "club racers" and its more of an even playing field. And as competative as the MW class is, even my built second gen R6 wasn't very potent. However the LW class just died in my region two years go....only a handful of people every weekend made it pointless. If ten or so show up next year....I'll be back on it.

To me it is easier to race. It does make you work harder - it isn't very forgiving. You HAVE to have good corner speed to make up for the lack of power. But everything happening about 10 - 15 mph slower just seems a little more managable for some reason. I guess going 130 for a mile at Road America and then hitting a wall could kill you just as easily as 160....but the 130 feels safer for some reason.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Wow.... OP thread...

Speaking of the old guys.....

<ducks and covers>

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Heh - Surprised the title is still there. I haven't had 'access' for years...

·
eNVisible
15,777 Posts
scotteq~ Holy-crap! DUDE! A few people left you VM's and you never returned any of the messages. We thought you were dead. Now that you're not I think I'm gonna kill you myself... /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Seriously though, how's everything been?

I missed you ya big lug: :frown:

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Bit of a personal meltdown, my friend.. Back on an even keel now, tho I'm not riding again just yet.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
fuzzygalore said:

Wow, Scott. It's really nice to "see" you. :waytogo:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiya Rae. :smile: How's the little one?? She's got to be in grade school by now, yah??

Hiya Ryan - I still have the little birdie - :waytogo:

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
slmcknight said:
Hey Scott...good to hear you still around a bit.
Haven't talked to you in a long time since I moved away to the Philippines.

How's everything going?

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve! How are you, my friend?? I'd drop a little Tagalog from my Navy days, but that'd just get me (us?) into trouble.... I see you're in AZ.. Flying planes... Obviously a man who's doing things right! :waytogo:

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
scotteq said:
[ QUOTE ]
fuzzygalore said:

Wow, Scott. It's really nice to "see" you. :waytogo:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiya Rae. :smile: How's the little one?? She's got to be in grade school by now, yah??

[/ QUOTE ]

She's awesome. Not so little anymore. Chloe is a very curious and precocious 1st grader now as well as the sunshine in my life. The time sure flies.

Ae you heading in to NYC for the bike show this weekend?

81 - 100 of 123 Posts