Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE JUST RECOVERED AN R1 ENGINE THAT WAS STOLEN. CURRENTLY IT IS IN SOMEONE ELSE'S BIKE. WHAT'S A GOOD ASKING PRICE FOR THE BIKE LESS MY R1 ENGINE???

OR WHAT IS A GOOD ASKING PRICE FOR THE ENGINE???

THANX FOR THE HELP

·
ehasbeen
5,207 Posts
eBay!
Probably get more cash to piece the bike out. I'm getting ready to part out my crashed 2000 GSXR 750. Problem is I'm trying to find something worth selling /images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
640 Posts
Looks like maybe wheels, rotors (at least one), maybe a lever or two, etc. Probably a no-go on the tank and windscreen. /images/icons/wink.gif

If I put what I wanted in this signature, I would piss too many people off.

·
ehasbeen
5,207 Posts
I even tore up the top of the forks and bent the neck of the frame. Amazing what a concrete wall can do when you throw your bike into it at 60. I never seen a tripple tree break in half before /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Dang man that stinks about your bike. I was looking through your webpage and I am damn impressed. You have raced with a bunch of top riders ie Bostrom and Mladin. You kick ass!!!

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
bah!

A little paint and some duct tape and you'll be good to go! /images/icons/wink.gif

"With Dr. Boogie, the diagnosis is always Funk!"

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'll take your brake lines if they'll fit my 1000!

How did you fare through the crash?

"Ask not what your bike can do for you,
ask what you can do for your bike"

·
ehasbeen
5,207 Posts
I was fine. I knew the wall was coming as soon as I hit the pavement and put on the brakes. I guess I should go have a look at my gloves. I slide to a stop about a foot short of the wall. Cool thing was while I was sliding a bike drove within a few feet behind me and once I saw him clear I turned around to see the bike hit. (insert Batman SPLAT) /images/icons/laugh.gif
Here's a link where 996Punk posted a few other pics http://esport.sportbikes.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=roadracing&Number=30413&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&part=3&vc=1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts