Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since from time to time I see people posting pics of their new rides, I figured I'd share a pic of the early Christmas present I got for the wife. I mentioned in the Christmas Wish List thread that I was going to finally break the piggy bank and get something nice for the wife, since she's always been so understanding of my two-wheeled addiction,etc. So since she's always wanted a nice convertible, I got online and started searching. Found a nice, used Jaguar XK8 Convertible, (only 30K miles) down in Atlanta. We went down this weekend to pick up my Duc998 from Ducshop, and stopped at the dealership on the way out of Atlanta to pick this up for her. Something tells me that all I have to do now to get those Marchesini wheels I've had my eye on forever, is to ask for them! LOL Have to admit, got a smoking deal on the car, and it's absolutely spotless, inside and out.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Italian motorcycles and British convertibles :waytogo:. You, sir, are a true aficionado--and perhaps a bit of a glutton for punishment. :wink:

That's just jealousy talking; I could never afford any of the big Brits--the Jags, big Healeys, etc.--I had to get my "fix" with the Midgets, Sprites, and Spitfires. Beautiful car, and I concur: as far as the Marchesinis, strike while the iron is hot. :waytogo:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, let's hope that "glutton for punishment" thing doesn't come to fruition. I have a friend that owns a car repair shop, and one of his mechanics specializes in Jags. He says that after 1997, the engine in the XK8's is the same engine used in the new Lincoln LS models. (Ford bought Jag back in the early 90's). He says that as far as engine reliability is concerned, they should last a very long time.) So far, no strange noises or anything. And like I said, it's only got just over 30K on it, so hopefully it will be a good car for her. Does look nice, I'll have to admit that to her, she loves it so far.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Yes, I could be wrong, but I believe Jag shares the entire Lincoln platform; the Ford purchase of Jaguar has always struck me as mildly ironic in that, here in the US, you used to be able to buy XJS's (identifiable by a V8 logo under the XJS emblem on the boot/trunk lid) factory-fitted with Chevy 350s so US customers could avoid the headaches of servicing the V12. Now, some of these same GM powered Jags are doubtless being serviced by (in essence) Ford in the guise of Jaguar. I just have this mental picture of a Jaguar/Ford mechanic either walking across the street to the Chevy dealer for parts, or, better still, just driving the whole car over to the Chevy dealer's service bay, having the work done, and returning to the Jag dealership for the customer to pick up their car.

But all that is neither here nor there--you and your wife enjoy the ride Simme :waytogo: (hopefully, she'll actually let you drive it once in a while :wink:). BTW, remember: the reason they put heaters in cars is so you can drive around with the top down in winter with a degree of comfort. :laugh:

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
I dont know, is subaru gm too?...Ill take a look, got nothing else to do but cleanthis dump up

EDIT- don't see anything about subaru linked to gm

but I fould this

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/wagon/112_0409_awdwagons/index2.html

so it appears your right, and it appears they didn't do a very good job, didn't read the entire article though

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[ QUOTE ]
mikev7 said:
You should have gotten her this..

:kaboom:

[/ QUOTE ]

She already has that outfit, how do you think she convinced me to buy her the Jag? :lol:

Seriously though, my Jag mechanic friend says that often when they have to repair anything on a Jag, if it's drivetrain-related at all, they call the Lincoln dealership to get the parts, since they're marked up 20% less than the same part at the Jag dealership. Makes sense to me for sure!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts