Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
eStarbucks
17,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At work I'm stuck w/ Outlook. I have no choice.
At home: I like to try out lots of different browsers, e-mail clients etc... Hence why I liked Firebird-err... Firefox.

For the longest time I used Netscape e-mail. It has the cleanest and best newsgroup reader built in that I've found.

So; I figured - why mess w/ a good thing? So I went on a hunt to replace it. (I do fix things even when they aren't broken)

On to Mozilla.org I go; and lo-and-behold: a new version of Thunderbird! I didn't like the older ones; too many little issues bothered me.
Thunderbird 1.0 is released.

Is it better than prior releases? Yep.
Is it better than Netscape? ... Give me time.
It is better than Outlook-Express? ... well; what isn't?
Is it better than Outlook? ... It HAS to be!

Toast to Mozilla.org again:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
You mean "Thunderbird" ? I use an older full version of Outlook now. But I liked Thunderbird, mainly because it was free. But I also had some troubles with it. 1 thing that I didnt like was that you had to press a button to see pics in your emails, and there was no way to remove that feature. And one one problem I found in the prog was that you couldnt use more than one out going server for your mail. So if you had more than 1 pop3/imap account it would always try to send out the mail on the primary accounts server. So mail you tried to send through your other accounts wouldnt go through. Maby they fixed that in this new version though.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
I use mozilla mail, only reason i stillhave outlooko is because i can't delete it, same for internet explorer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts