Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
DAM how come sportrider always gets the bikes with insane dyno #'s . Who really cares all the 600's are pretty much the same , just like the liter bikes .

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dunno, their numbers usually seem pretty well right on to me? They did say "We've had our 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 for some time now, and once we racked up enough miles a trip to our SuperFlow CycleDyn dyno was in order" Motorcycle.com dynoed an '05 R6 on some press release and it only had a few miles on it, their well broken in '04 made 104rwhp and their '05 that wasnt anywhere near being broken in put down 105rwhp. Maybe this year the GSXR600 will get a review similar to the ones the old TT600 use to get....great chassis, good breaks, lacking motor compared to the competition.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eh, .6hp ...what can ya do? MAybe they tested 2 different R6s, one R6 for their 600 shootout and a different R6 for their pipe test. How much variation would you get if you ran a bike on a dyno back to back within minutes of each other...I wouldn't think you'd get the exact same hp # to the tenth of 1 hp.

·
Registered
504 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
terrasmak said:
DAM how come sportrider always gets the bikes with insane dyno #'s . Who really cares all the 600's are pretty much the same , just like the liter bikes .

[/ QUOTE ]

why do they have insane dyno numbers? because a dyno is a tool to measure changes you make. you will be hard pressed to find dyno's to match.

yamajj

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Theres just seem to be a bit higher than everybody elses , or just higher than the bikes that are sold to the public .

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I don't really know about that one way or the other...but I have noticed that atleast half the time the British bike mags dyno numbers are down. I always see it with 600s, they say the ZX6R has 101hp and I've never seen a dyno number anywhere else lower than 106-107...or they say the GSXR600 dynos at 97hp for the past couple generations and I usually see 100-104?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.