Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a copy of my Dyno for a GSX-R600M 2002, Akrapovik Full Race System and PCIII. What HP are others running, would like some other numbers to compare!

John

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
i have no deadset comparison but i believe my 96 f3 is around 90 hp....gonna get it dyno'd this year, then i'll let you know for sure....that 6 must scream and on a side note- die you f^cking dragon die.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing does fly now! I pulled out of the shop and with a flick of the wrist I had the biggest grin on my face!!!!!!!! I almost had to pull over and settle down! I can not wait to get it up to Palomar thi weekend! The throttle reponse now is just incredible, there seems to be no lag time at all.

John

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
saaaaweeeeet. nice curve

10rwhp. very nice

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Very nice gains but weren't they suppose to put out around 100rwhp stock? And couldn't he get the curve a little smoother with the PCIII?

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
oh and i'd also like to congratulate you on buyin akra system, way to be different....plus superior to your yosh brethren haha;)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Willie,
I went back and forth between the Yosh and Akro. Everything I had ever seen on a Suzuki was Yosh. I did alot of research and the Akro kept coming out on top. I started looking at M4 whn I first bought the bike but could find no one runnning one except the guy I bought the bike from. I guess I will start a new trend!

Jmoney,

Just called a dealer and they said stock was 103hp-105hp. Now I am not so happy. This seems high to me though.
I am going to do some more research tonoght!

John

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
How did you break it in? If you really babyed it, that's probably why. I know everyone says to break it in like the manual says to but that's what you risk. You'll get long term ride ability but a bit low on power. If you break a bike in on a dyno or on the track it will be very powerful, but will most likely lack long term life. Also, how many miles do you have on it? Your bike is still going to be breaking in for awhile if your miles are below 4000 or so.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
And yes 103-105 is a little high. They're just trying to sell bikes, half the time the sales man doesn't know sh-t about the bikes. They just pick up a magazine and quote them just like anyone else. The only problem with that though is that the mags say 100.6rwhp for the GixxerSix.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Don't forget that ALL dynos are different. That could be the difference in numbers. The thing to do is dyno the bike stock, add the parts/modifications, and do another run on the same dyno. Like what was done here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got a 600m also but I've been waiting to hear what other people were getting from their upgrades. If that's all you got then I'll probably save my money and not get the exhaust just go with the PCIII to smooth it out a little.

This website did a dyno of a stock 2001 which is supposed to be the exact same as the 2002 except for the polished exhaust tube.

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/issues/dec00/samgsxr.htm

they only show 101 hp stock. I'd looked at another site when I did a search and they showed a stock 2002 getting 103.4 hp But I can't find the link. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
The numbers in the mags are also corrected for everything bear in mind. Over 100 on a 600 is pretty damn good in my book. And yes over time with more breakin the engine will get even stronger. I heard its especially true for the 929 but just because I read more on them but past 6000 miles on them they seem to really pick up the power.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
in reply to:

The numbers in the mags are also corrected for everything bear in mind.

Just about all dyno readings are corrected to some degree. I live in Minnesota and even my dyno run was corrected.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
That's pretty sweet man, but how many miles were on the bike when you had it dynoed? From the magazines I've read they usually put down 100.5hp stock. I never got a base/stock run of my bike but with 8,000 miles on it, M4 slip on, K&N filter and Factory Stage 1 Jet Kit (not really tuned but set up well) my 2001 YZF600R made 94.2hp and 46.6 ft-lbs. After the mods the hp curve didn't peak and then drop of fa little...it just peaked and then held a line to redline. The guy who dynoed it also said my tach was off by about 400-500rpms at redline...so now I feel better about letting it touch the red every now and then

1 - 16 of 16 Posts