Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dunlop GT501 for 16\" wheel

Anyone have experience with a Dunlop GT501 for a 16" wheel. My EX-500 takes a 110/90-16 front and 120 or 130/90-16 rear tire. These are the first tires I can find that are recommended and still made for my motorcycle.

Any other recommendations for matching 16" front AND rear (fronts are easier to find than rear) tires would be appreciated.

I have plenty of time to find new tires but if someone says one of these tires is sooooo much better for grip I might be encouraged to get it sooner.

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: Dunlop GT501 for 16\" wheel

I have Bridgestone BT-45's on my GPZ 550, and they are way better than the K591's, which are vey similar to the GT501's. The 45's are much sticker and a lot more "flickable." I believe they make the 45's for your bike.

Do a google search for "martin's tire opinions" and there is a site which may help to answer your question on the best tire for your bike.

I'd rather be lucky than good!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Re: Dunlop GT501 for 16\" wheel

I've got the BT45's on my VF500 too...16" front wheel, 18" rear. They're sticky enough for trackday use, though later in the day I was getting minor rear wheel slides on corner exits. They are also very good in the rain. Definitely recommended...I had the Metzeler Lasers on before and the BT45's are hands-down better.

-nominal_squid-
SMUSA #11

1 - 3 of 3 Posts