Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
eModerator
4,999 Posts
Well, I havn't heard of those tires, :smile: but there is the Dunlop Sportmax and the Bridgestone Battlax. :wink: I felt the Sportmax was an OK tire but nothing special, other people hated them calling them names like Dunslip. The newer Battlax (the 010) is a real good tire IMO, but I havn't tried a Sportec yet so I cant make that comparison. The older Battlaxs sucked

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not even sure if i spelled the name right, i was talkin to this guy on the phone, hes a friend of my moms and use to race, and recommended i get those tires, but i may have miss heard what he said, and wrote it down wrong, but please keep the tire criticism coming

·
Registered
675 Posts
The Bridgestone 010's are awesome tires! Blow away the Dunlops! I here the Sportec's, Pilot Sports(personal Favorites), and 010's are pretty much about equal as fas as performance goes but, I hear the Sportec's don't last as long as the other two... but, that is just hearsay.

You really can't go wrong with any of those three choices.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I have run the Battlax BT-010s and they were great but they did not last very long. I am now running a BT-010 on the front
and a BT-020 on the back. In fact I went from a BT-010 160/60 to a BT-020 170/60 on the back. Thrashed the hell out of them today, got them down to edges, scraped the pegs and the kneesliders and really could not tell too much difference. I know a guy who runs the BT-020s on the track with no problem.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The Dunlops won't last long at all, the Bridgestone BT010 is by far the best tire of the group. There is a tire comparison that was done and they put up some amazing numbers!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
The Dunlops won't last long at all

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, I got 8,500 miles out of my rear tire and 10,000 miles out of the front tire and they were Dunlop D207s. That was 9 months of riding the twisties usually 2 times a week with DUC748(John) around 2-300 miles every time we went out. I have never had a problem with the Dunlops and when it was time to change, I put new Dunlops on.

·
Registered
869 Posts
The 010's are way better than the sportecs . I have found that the sportecs have a strage feel to them and are very finicky if not warmed up . 2 of my friends have wrecked b/c of the M1's giving away and sliding in an odd manner . The 010's will slip but when they do it is very predictable . Oh yeah I have 2k miles on the M1's and they are gone :wink:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Are you serious Autobahn? You must be related to the rubber factory owner.. I can't come close to that mileage!! /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I have always had to change the rear tire between 3800 - 5000 miles. Not doubting you but I'd certainly like to know where you buy your 207s.....

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Are you serious Autobahn? You must be related to the rubber factory owner.. I can't come close to that mileage!! I have always had to change the rear tire between 3800 - 5000 miles. Not doubting you but I'd certainly like to know where you buy your 207s.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I am serious. The D207s were the factory mounted rubber. I have about 4 thousand miles on the new rear right now and 2500 miles on the front and they hardly look used at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts