Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in 2002 when I bought my 748S I received a brochure announcing Motorcycle Insurance by Ducati themselves. When I checked it out for my state it said they were working hard to get coverage in my area. First, does anyone have Ducati insurance? Second, are they still attempting to acquire additional states?

Thanks.

Salvie

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
When I checked it out for my state it said they were working hard to get coverage in my area.

[/ QUOTE ]
if you still live in the state i "think" you live in...? bro... you can just cancel christmas. "working hard" is hardly working. :bawling:

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
is USAA still reserved for the military and government types? or is it geberally available?

[/ QUOTE ]
nope, still reserved for military and government types... my buddy (ex-navy) has it... and when i checked into getting it just last year...? they sent me a letter of ineligibility. :frown: my other buddy however DID get it (even though he's never been military). he qualified for his coverage through his pops who's retired airforce. my pop is ex-military, but he however has long since been deceased. but yup, there's a specific set of criteria you have to meet.

https://www.lc.usaa.com/inet/ent_logon/Logon

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
i can't remember exactly how i found them. but i am with motorcycle services,llc. full coverage on an 01 748s, 41 years old, 1 tckt = $451/yr.
rc

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DUC748,

Are you saying that since your father served in the army you are entitled to the coverage by USAA? Are/ were you in the armed forces? My father served in the US Navy, does this mean I am eligible for USAA? I have never served.

Thanks.

Salvie

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
I have never served in the military....100% Army brat here. From my understanding...although I'm going off of oooooooooold information...dependants of military officers were eligible to take advantage of the benefits USAA offers. I have my automobile and home insurance through them as well as a credit card; I believe I used their loan services once as well.

Talk to your dad and see what he can dig up for you.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
DUC748 said:
...dependants of military officers...

[/ QUOTE ]
Just dependants of military officers, or can dependants of non military officers/enlisted get USAA? My dad was in the Navy back in the early 70s, I don't think he ever used USAA but if I was eligble to get on with them it would probably save me a sh*tload. I wonder if a dependant could still get on USAA even if their parent isn't currently with USAA or never used USAA ever?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Monster,
How'd you manage that? What type of bike?

[/ QUOTE ]

What type bike? ummm.... a Monster. :tongue: To be honest... I don't know how I managed it. I've had a motorcycle license for 12 years... I haven't had a ticket in I don't know how long.... I been to both the beginner and advanced MSF course and sent USAA the certs for both. I've also been with USAA for 10 years. I guess all that warrents havin' cheap insurance. :waytogo:

[ QUOTE ]
He gets that low rate because he's still on his parent's policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't hate 'cause you look all old an' stuff. :bird:

:lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts