Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if it is possible to re-wire the headlight on my 2000 GSXR 750 so that both the bulbs turn on on low beam? If so, how would I go about doing it?

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
Not really, it would be no different than leaving it on high beam all the time. The light that only comes on on high beam would still be focused like a high beam and blinding oncoming people. But you can get a headlight assembly from a 2001 GSXR1000 which uses dual filament H4 bulbs and rewire for that

·
Registered
74 Posts
i agree with the post above, but it is possible that the high beam bulb dose not use the low beam contact and if that was the case he could hook it up to work. not sure if the bulb is angled different?

=WARNING=
Objects in mirror are SLOWER that they appear.

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
No, the 750 uses single filament H7 bulbs with different lensing on the 2 sides. I researched this before the 1000 came out and there was no easy way to do it. Some people modfied the headlight to accept H4s, but it never really worked right.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I've got a GSXR1000. I'd trade you headlight assemblies if we weren't so far apart. Another reservation I would have is the fact that the re-wiring would make me nervous. I'm terrible at electrical systems.

"Ask not what your bike can do for you,
ask what you can do for your bike"

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Even if you wired the daul filament bulbs in, the right side would still be brighter because of the different angle of reflection. I tried to find an easy way to do it but couldn't find one so I bought a 1000, now I have two headlights. /images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts