Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
That bike gives me a Woodrow just looking at it. Schweeet! Let's hope it is the predecessor to the street version of the vaporware ZX-10.

Of course those GP bikes are so way out there in terms of design that the production version would probably be a lot different. Just look at the NSR500 (though it is a two-stroke). I was reading an article on it last night in a Euro bike mag, 288 lbs, 190 horsepower, holy CRAP!

http://www.europark.com/ny-machn/ny-nsr500_2001.htm

Einstein says high speed slows time, so go fast, stay young!
http://home.satx.rr.com/jroberts

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
is it me... or does this thing look like honda's V5 painted kawi green...!?!? is this image real or computer generated...??? it's hard to tell... the paddock stand looks real.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

does this thing look like honda's V5 painted kawi green...!?!?

<hr></blockquote>

I think it's you Shamar. The body-work, and frame look pretty radically different to me, the swingarm is similar in shape but not in construction, the engine is suposedly an I4.
What else is there? Cant tell about the geometry but there all getting pretty similar. Can't really tell about seating position either, but it looks like this one puts the rider much higher up off the ground, an interesting idea but one that could be only in my head. Also looks like they are having some fun with the aerodynamics.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Mmmmm ... underseat pipes ... sweet. And it looks like they've taken the 125 dB limit to heart - this is going to be a loud bike :)
The shrouded front brakes are interesting, must be good for aerodynamics but I'm not sure how it looks. Next question is who gets to ride them - I'd guess Andrew Pit gets one next year (Saw him ride Superbikes in Oz and he's better on the big bikes than the 600 he won the world championship on last year). So who get's the other? Izutsu maybe?

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
well i mean in overall silouette... the motor differences are obvious and go without saying (for me anyway). i'm one of the few out here who can actually lay claim to having both SEEN and TOUCHED the rc211 in person down in daytona. :) so feel free to now consider me an "expert" on the subject of the V5. LOL

the abbreviated pointy "bumble bee" stinger tail, the high seat position, the "slab" look of the frame and the swingarm and the pointy "cab forward" look of the upper. it's CLEARLY taking it's styling cues from the V5. surely i can't be the only one with observation skills astute enough to see the "body double" of design going on here...!?!?!

all's i would need is better photoshop skills and i could've painted this pic "zingy green"...!!! it would be damn near identical... LOL

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL. But I just don't think so. I think the Honda looks right in between the Kaw and the Aprillia. The Kaw looks to be the most divergent of all these except the drysdale.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would think Eric Bostrom would be the next one up for the ride. World Superbike is finished for Kawasaki. They need to move their most talented riders up to the GP.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Shamar, I recind all my opinions and fully support yours (even though mine haven't changed). Anyone with the good sense and good taste to rescue a poor old ZX1000 from the pound, nurse it back to health and give it a good, loving home, deserves all my support and admiration.

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
gracias... i look foward to posting time lapse, before and after pics as the restoration progresses. also remember, it was the honda that broke cover first. so if anything, everybodys design has been influenced by theirs...

·
eSpellinbeechampyun
6,773 Posts
Hmmm, looks like a motorcycle to me. Who's design has influenced who's is getting into a 'Chicken or the Egg' conflict, who knows and who cares.

That definately looks computer drawn to me, not a real photo. So it'll more than likely be somewhat different when it comes out. But by God, it looks like Kawasaki is really taking this new GP thing seriously/images/icons/smile.gif!!! As long as the final product resembles that thing fairly strongly, and not the ugly, modified ZX-7R picture that was floating around earlier, then I think this new race series will be a visual stunner for all motorcycle lovers to feast on.

...we know it'll be powerfull, I'm just wondering what the number on the scales will be!

[email protected] those <font color=blue>OUTLAW BIKERS</font color=blue>!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
As Bevis would (Wood?!?!) say...
BOIOIOING!!!

<font color=purple> This bike capable of evading high speed pursuit!</font color=purple>

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

That bike gives me a Woodrow just looking at it.

<hr></blockquote>

LMAO The Aprilia looks best

1 - 20 of 21 Posts