Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANOTHER S1 EXCLUSIVE...?!?!?

okay, maybe this will sorta soften the blow of benelli leaving for me. i had no clue this was going on...? and i was just up on route 9 around the corner from the place visiting freehold ducati/honda the other week...!!! LOL the famous englishtowne drag strip where everyone from the tri-state area goes for the "wheelie contest" has built a road course... NIIIICCCEEE...!!! :)

http://63.222.245.176/etown/news/roadcourse.html

me thinks i'll take a drive out there today and conduct a site survey with my digital camera and report back. i hear it has cambered turns like assen. :) for reference, this is around exit 8a off the turnpike.

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just got off the phone with some of my buddies at team promotion. linda (track marshall) says glen goldman (the owner) went out last week and rode the track and say's it's dangerous. there's like 7 places with very little run off room. and from the picture, you can even overtly see a part where if you run off...? your possibly going head on into traffic. they're supposedly looking at acquiring some "air fence". apparently, it's built with a "motocross track mentality" for they have one of those there too.

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
This track is not meant to be raced on by bikes. It is a time trials track where one CAR at a time goes through for the lowest time.

And yes, I'm as dissapointed as you are to hear it! LOL

Gravity is a cruel mistress.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The Supermotard-USA club is looking at a few races there...perhaps I'll get to ride-test it this summer /images/icons/smile.gif

-nominal_squid-
SMUSA #11

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
But can you just imagine if?!!! I always think about hitting the lottery for a couple hundred mill and buying some land and opening a road course (subsidized by me and my millions) so that all could enjoy the experience for cheap. I just hope it happens!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts