Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to compare a Micron Aluminum Oval Slip-on, to a Carbon Fibre Oval, to a Crome Oval, to a Titanium Oval, would they all sound the same?

The reason I ask is because all Micron Slip-ons are constructed of twin polished stainless steel endcaps, a stainless steel interior tube, a polished stainless steel canister band and a T-304 stainless connecting pipe. The only thing that is different is the Al, CF, Cr or Ti sleeving.

Experiences with other slip-on comparisons (Erion Aluminum vs. Carbon Fibre, etc..) are also welcome...

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't know about Micron, but Akrapovic claims that sound is not influenced by the choice of the sleeving material.
At least on their mufflers. Don't know about other brands.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't know about Micron, but Akrapovic claims that sound is not influenced by the choice of the sleeving material,
at least on their mufflers. Don't know about other brands.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I've got a carbon Micron on my VFR, and my boss had an aluminum Micron on his VFR...the sound is slightly different. The metal can has a slightly higher, "tighter" sound, where the carbon is more boomy. Not something you'd notice unless you heard both bikes running next to each other, though.

-nominal_squid-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts