Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up my new Falco 2 weeks ago the dealer told me they had a little problem. The right side of the instrument panel was showing diag 1. The dealer said they have never seen this befor and would have to contact Aprilia for a fix. I took the bike in the following week and they said they would have me done in 30 min. Well an hour later they came back and said the fix did't work. They unplug the black box under the seat and plug it into their computer reset the sensor to 0 unplug and it should have reset itself. Now they are leaving Aprilia voice mails to find out what to do next. Anyone have any ideas?

MHSBA

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
The diagnostic mode used for checking fault codes etc is activated. Most likely the mechanic prepping your bike saw the diagnostic wire disconnected and connected it thinking it was supposed to be connected. Tell them to disconnect the plug and your bike will be fine. The diagnostic wire is a single wire with a white plastic plug and on my Mille it is found on the right (throttle side) of the tailsection. You have to lift off the tail section cover and dig around the wiring loom there. Check this website for pics and a better description of the wire's location http://www.geocities.com/sl_mille/. If it really is just the wire that is connected be very afraid of that dealer as that is a simple thing that any aprilia mechanic should know.

Take care,
Gregory

I could have been a squid, but I was too busy posing.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
A "1" code means your Throttle Position Sensor isn't adjusted properly (too tight, I believe). Have your dealer's mechanic set it properly. OTOH - Do it yourself - there's directions, with pictures, on Ken Lawas' site, which redtwin provided for you.

Scott /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your input. I will let the dealer know what you guys have said including that they are clueless if one of these fixes work.

MHSBA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts