Sportbike Racing Forum banner

Denver Motorcycle Sale !!!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  troythetroll 
#1 ·
Saw this in the net. Sorry for the short time noticed.

Look at those ZX10s...

See less See more
#2 ·
Cool! The only problem is, all of the usual "bend over" fee's aren't listed.

For example, after the bike has been discounted, the dealer than adds back on "assembly" for $500, "destination charge of $600, documentation fee's of $400, and "gee we'll put oil and antifreeze in it for you as well" for the nominal price of an additional $300.

So a discount of $2000 plus the addition of $1800 in "bend over" fee's means a net $200 discount.

Did I mention the "required" initial service which isn't? For the bargain price of $400....and included for that price is an oil change to go with checking various bolts, making sure the chain is still on the bike, and that nothing obvious has fallen off. It requires 1/2 Hour to do this service, but requires scheduling 4 weeks in advance.

Needless to say, I have been disappointed in the past when buying a new bike from a dealer. For example, I am the only person I know who got to watch while the service tech, after doing the assembly of my new, right outta the crate bike, took it down the street and wrecked it...not once...but twice. The first time he dropped it turning around...got the bike back up with minimal damage...gave it some gas once up again on the side of the road and completely lost the rear end, this time going down hard enough to break the fairing, dent the pipe, rash the engine case and mirrors, turn signals. All quite embarassing when the future owner is standing there, slack jawed and amazed, watching it all happen. True story.

Its all quite depressing. Sometimes the local dealers will mention in the ads that they are waiving all fee's and the price listed is the price you will pay...but I didn't see any such genorousity in this particular ad. :frown: :frown: :frown:

#4 ·
Wow....such anomosity for someone who just pumped like $9G's into your dealership? Remind me to continue to NOT buy bikes from local dealers.

Anyway, I just showed up to sign the papers, I wasn't watching much of anything in particular except the obviously highly qualified service tech who can't ride down the street on cold tires without destroying a motorcycle. I didn't realize such a specialty was a widely admired skill here in the Denver area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.