Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I live about 125 miles from the store. I try and make it down there a couple of times a year,but there are alot lesser know roads here in east Tennessee that are just as good without all the crazies that the gap can sometimes attract.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Been there twice last year... and hopefully I don't sell my bike in time for me to go in May. I think the skyway is the best overall road there. Much less technical then the dragon and FASTER!! /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never been but have heard only good things about the gap. I had lived in New Mexico for 16 years, and only have rode the mountain roads. Which I'm sure are nothing like the gap, although I started at 7000 feet and up.My bike reacts a hole lot different here trust me any one who rides at sea level or close to is very lucky, pulling your machine into a wheelie here is like nothing, after all Lawrenceville, GA is close enough to sea level for me, and close enough to the gap..

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I live right around the corner from the Gap, about 11 hours.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i live in knoxville which is about 30 minutes away from deals gap. we ride it every weekend. theres no place like home.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I live in Louisiana but have been to the Gap several times. Every time that I go there, I am pleasantly surprised at how thrilling the road is. The place is like a dream! I will be there May 19-21.

·
Registered
428 Posts
We are going over memorial day weekend, in August, and October (it's only a 4 to 5 hour drive from Louisville)
We went last year for the first time and couldn't believe the Gap or the roads around the Gap, plus all the bikes that were there.

There are some excellent riders that are amazing to see carving up the asphalt. If anyone is going to be there at the end of May, let me know.

Ride Safe,
Jen

·
Registered
273 Posts
I live near Asheville N.C. and The Dragon is cool but we have many roads that are just as good. Ceasars Head is a great place to ride and Pisgah Forest as well as 74 going to Lake Lure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts