Sportbike Racing Forum banner

Deals Gap

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  bowden 
#1 ·
Hey guys...Me and a couple of my local riding buds are planning a trip down to the Gap in late May and I was wondering if any of the fellow Duc owners would like to meet up. Nothing is set in stone right now, but as of today I am planning on being down there from May 26th til June 2nd...basically go down on the Saturday, stay all week, come back the following Sunday. That way our group of guys can have flexibility if they can't go for a whole week.

Right now it looks like 2 996's, 1 (maybe two) MV's, and an F4i. Love to ride, and the more the merrier if you might be interested. If so, post up, and when we make definite plans, I can email you.

Also, http://www.tailofthedragon.com has update regarding the gaps resurfacing project. From their site:
BULLETIN FEB 26: TN DOT ADVISES THE
REPAVING OF THE DRAGON FROM TABCAT BRIDGE TO THE NC STATE LINE WILL BEGIN SOMETIME AFTER APRIL 15. THE PROJECT SHOULD TAKE 2 OR 3 WEEKS. A GRANITE OR NATURAL SAND TOPPING (A "NON-SKID" SURFACE) WILL BE APPLIED. THIS IS THE SAME AS THE EXISTING SURFACE. WE WILL HAVE MORE SPECIFIC INFO BY APRIL 1.

Let me know if you might be interested, sounds the resurface should be done in time!

Later!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey red, I got up to the Gap several times last year and plan to get up there more this year/images/icons/smile.gif but that date is too close to "Road Atlanta" and I don't think the ball & chain is gonna go for it but I will try anyway/images/icons/shocked.gif. I will let you know. I would love to see some of the Duc riders from this forum up at the Gap, I hate being the only Ducati rider when I go with my group. Know what I mean.

If I'm shootin at ya and ya stay still, your probably safe.

#4 ·
Playing catch up is easy with you guys. All I have to do is sit back and wait for you to crash/images/icons/wink.gif. I agree that I do need to trade up though, how much boot money would I have to give with my 996 to get me a tired old GSXR 750?

If I'm shootin at ya and ya stay still, your probably safe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.