Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have an RS and the part that holds the seat to the bike has decided to part company with me. The dealer doesn't have a listing for my bike for just the part, I have to get the whole $300 seat. Don't want to do that. For those with the Daytona, what holds your seat to the bike?

If is an oval plate with a rod protruding from it, and that rod has a pointed end and a notch cut out of it, I am in luck. If not, JB Weld time!!!

G

·
My front seat section has two 8mm head bolts which are threaded directly into the rear subframe. The front of the seat "hooks" into the subframe. The pillion seat has the key actuated trunk-release and two more "hooks" holding it down. I can get a pic if needed.

Shut up and Ride!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for checking, but they sound different. I found a used seat for a good price, so I'll take it. I also epoxied the crap out of the one I already have and it so far is holding.

·
Registered
225 Posts
RED ALERT! There was an RS seat on ebay last night. Bet it's still there.

Nugget '01 Sprint RS

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching me!

·
Registered
225 Posts
D'oh! I just reread the posts and realized that you had found a used seat. I only read the first post-sorry. I bet you're the bidder on the ebay seat. Man I'm sharp! D'oh!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are a sharp one Nugget, Yeah that's me, so no one else bid on it. If someone else bids on it, I think I found someone else that will machine one for me!!! Man I love the internet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts