Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on riding out Saturday AM from orlando to watch all the days racing.Maybe ride out Friday after work to check out all the night stuff around daytona. The arai 200 is on Saturday, its a whole day of racing.The grandstand seating is $40 on March 12.
arai 200 info

Who else in Orlando would like to ride out there with me. If your planning on coming down for daytona from far away I recommend staying in Orlando :coolgleamA: and riding over everyday. Its an hour ride to the events. If anyone needs a place to stay to save $$ to come down for the races just let me know. I should have my own place by then and your all welcome to crash at my place in Orlando.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
:waytogo:

One thing though, the infield is the place to be to watch ANY race at Daytona--including the 200. Ride your bike in (along with EVERYBODY else) and you're free to ride all around and see the track/racing from numerous locations--sit in any of the bleachers or hang right up by the fence. The new track layout has shortened the infield portion of the course, so I imagine there won't be quite as much spectator area--unless they allow spectating along the inside of NASCAR turn 2 and along the back straight (between the track and Lake Lloyd). However it works out, the infield puts you much closer to the racing, but still lets you see pretty much everything (the grandstand will let you see the pits, which you can't see from the infield, but you'll get the best look at pit stops when you watch the recorded TV broadcast back home, anyway). The infield is cheaper than the grandstand, too. :laugh:

Oh, not to dampen anyone's enthusiasm, but spectating from the infield will also let you keep an eye on your bike at all times, which is always a good thing at Daytona; inside the track, your bike is typically pretty safe.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
One thing though, the infield is the place to be to watch ANY race at Daytona--

[/ QUOTE ]
It used to be, now the RV's own the infield.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I live about 25 minutes west of the speedway in Deland. Would love to hook up with other members Friday night or for the races. Got plenty of room for a big bon-fire etc... if we can get a group together. Lets get some ideas going....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.