Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '98 T595 that needs front and rear brakes and a rear rotor. Is this a fairly easy job? I'm mechanically inclined especially with cars, but I've never worked on a motorcycle before. Is this a fairly easy afternoon project, or should I let a professional do it? My other problem is that my dealer gave up on Triumph so now the closest dealer is 3-4 hours away.

Also, can you tell me if there is somewhere online I can get this stuff cheaper. This is what the dealer quoted me for pricing:

rear brake pads $ 52.25
front brake pads $123.75
rear brake rotor $174.25

If you can help, please reply.

Nick

Stupid people do stupid things...smart people outsmart each other.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have the RS, so I can't answer about the rear rotor. It SHOULD be a simple remove wheel, remove rotor kind of thing, but not too sure on the SSS. As for the parts, look at EBC. Cheaper and in my opinion a bit better. Go with the HH pads. Available online or at ANY dealer.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Well I have a 2000 955I and I got Ferrodo brake pads front and rear for something like $90.00 for all 3 sets. I installed them in about 15 minutes with no problems. The rear disc should be able to be removed after you take off the rear wheel and the rear break caliper. I have a service manual if you need some pics scanned let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts