1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man dies after apparently encouraging friend to shoot him

December 15, 2004
The Associated Press

OROFINO, Idaho A 20-year-old Orofino man is dead after apparently daring a friend to shoot him through a protective vest.

Officials say Alexander Swandic died of a gunshot wound to the heart.

And his friend, 30-year-old David Hueth of Kamiah, is charged with involuntary manslaughter.

Police claim Swandic asked Hueth to shoot him. They apparently tested the vest by propping it against a dirt bank and firing at it twice, and the bullets didn't break through.

But when Swandic was shot after donning the vest, the bullet broke through the material and lodged in his heart.

Clearwater County Sheriff's Deputy Guy Cordle says the vest was designed to protect against grenade fragments, NOT bullets.

If convicted, Hueth faces up to ten years in prison. He's scheduled for a preliminary hearing on December 27th

LINK!

famous last words ...
My turn! :crazy:

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
Well gee, the bullets don't go through when it's up against a pile of dirt that gives, so let me put it on MYSELF and SEE if stops the bullet.

Boggles the mind. Lemme guess, Idaho is a red state, right? :cwm27:

·
eSandboxLivin
1,803 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
PorradaVFR said:
Idaho is a red state, right? :cwm27:

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is.. So we moved him to a blue state where he will be amongst his kind.

·
Registered
484 Posts
My roomate is from Orofino, she went to high school with the kid who died. Said he was a shy guy. I'll try and find out more but she hasn't talked to him since college.

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
Not even close to this..

[ QUOTE ]

1996 Darwin Awards Winner

Some men will got to extraordinary lengths to prove how macho they are. Frenchman Pierre Pumpille recently shunted a stationary car two feet by headbutting it. "Women thought I was a god," he explained from his hospital bed.
Deity or not, however, Pumpille is a veritable girl's blouse compared to Polish farmer Krystof Azninski, who staked a strong claim to being Europe's most macho man by cutting off his own head in 1995. Azninski, 30, had been drinking with friends when it was suggested they strip naked and play some "men's games". Initially they hit each other over the head with frozen turnips, but then one man upped the ante by seizing a chainsaw and cutting off the end of his foot. Not to be outdone, Azninski grabbed the saw and, shouting "Watch this then," je swung at his own head and chopped it off.

"It's funny," said one companion, "when he was young he put on his sister's underwear. But he died like a man."

[/ QUOTE ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts