Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
eSandboxLivin
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Darrell "Dimebag" Abbott, Former Guitarist of Pantera, was shot and killed last night during a show with his band Damageplan. Dimebag, in my opinion.. was one of the greatest metal guitarists to walk this earth. I cant believe someone would do this. CNN is reporting 5 dead at the shooting. I have heard that Vinnie Paul Abbott (brother, and an amazing Drummer) was also shot.. but I dont know of his condition.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
cbr_damon said:
Yea, it's pretty big news here in Columbus. The shooter was a 22 year old, with apparently a grudge.

Local TV network news link...
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.html

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how "NBC 4" is in bold everywhere in that write-up. Losers.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I am in shock right now...Dimebag was "THE" heavy metal guitarist!!! I cannot f*cking believe this. Who would hate him? I do not understand. As a huge pantera fan, I'm just speechless.

:bawling:

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
It's all conjecture at this point, but one report said he yelled "you guys broke up Pantera" before shooting.

That makes sense...KILL the guy(s) that started the band you like. What the hell is wrong with people? :808993-banghead:

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
At about 11:45 last night a friend called me and told me the news. We were up til 4am holding a vigil in his honor. Booze, fire, heavy metal.. Dimebag would've been proud.

RIP Darrell :bawling:

·
eScreaming Dizbuster
12,112 Posts
Crazy sh!t! The Algrosa is all of four miles from my house.

I don't know if Dimebag Darrell was any good as a guitarist but he had the best name in rock.

If you're going to take hostages, don't do it in Columbus. :808919-icon_police: It was three years and four days ago that the cops shot and killed a killer on the lam, after he carjacked a woman while trying to make a getaway. The cops didn't hesitate. They came after him with guns blazing. :waytogo: I've got the newspaper clippings of that because the perp's accomplice burgled my house two weeks before. The piece of sh!t got life.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
JoshN said:
I am in shock right now...Dimebag was "THE" heavy metal guitarist!!! I cannot f*cking believe this. Who would hate him? I do not understand. As a huge pantera fan, I'm just speechless.

:bawling:

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't have said it better. In fact, I am going to listen to some Pantera right now. Dime, you will be missed. :bawling:

·
Premium Member
11,497 Posts
On XM radio yesterday, they were playing a tribute to Pantera on XMLM Channel 42. Pantera songs all day and all night.

I guess the kid that shot him went to a high school 10 miles from where I went to high school.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
TravellinJones said:
Crazy sh!t! The Algrosa is all of four miles from my house.

I don't know if Dimebag Darrell was any good as a guitarist but he had the best name in rock.

If you're going to take hostages, don't do it in Columbus. :808919-icon_police: It was three years and four days ago that the cops shot and killed a killer on the lam, after he carjacked a woman while trying to make a getaway. The cops didn't hesitate. They came after him with guns blazing. :waytogo: I've got the newspaper clippings of that because the perp's accomplice burgled my house two weeks before. The piece of sh!t got life.

[/ QUOTE ]

not good, great guitarist. :waytogo: sucks how cowardly some people are. to bad the guy got off easy and died a quick death. it would be nice to tortue a sick fukk like that. :flame: :flame:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sad story and great guitarist but not the best ever. It's sad that someone felt the need to end a life like that. i don't understand how that worked out in that guy's mind but at least they whacked his ass too. after stupid [censored] like that, his family should be shot also.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Just [censored] sickeneing! He (according to reports) said something to the effect of " you broke up Pantera" then started shooting. well, if the dickhead had bothered to read any interviews, he would have known that Phil (voc) and Rex (bass) BOTH LEFT to pursue side projects. Vinny and Dime even went to bat for them with the record company to get them cut loose so they could do so. He should have been pissed at them instead, but thats no reason to kill a guy. such a waste & loss of a great talent. He will never be forgotten.

R.I.P. Dimebag :bawling:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts