Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm out riding yesterday and keep hearing this weird noise. After some investigation I discovered it was my loose ass chain. My chain shouldn't be loose because I just took the bike in for its 12,000 mile service - but that's another story. I decide to tighten it myself. I put the bike up on the stands and attempt to loosen the nut - notice I said attempt.
What the hell did they use on this thing. I've tried breaking it loose by using a hammer on the wrench but haven't had any luck. Any other suggestions? Anyone else ever have this problem? (I have an F4)

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
If you have a Steel pipe around put that on the end of the tool and use that to breack it lose. That should give you more power. Try not to use the hammer. And make sure you are turning it the right way, the thread might be right/left handed

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I would be scared if just a simple turn of a wrench loosened a rear wheel. If it doesn't require either a huge socket wrench or a leverage bar or tube around the socket wrench to loosen the rear wheel, then that rear bolt isn't on tight enough.

If you wrote a book about your life, would anyone want to read it?

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Breaker bar and about 83 Ft-Lbs of torque. Are putting the socket on the brake side or the chain side?

HP is a poor substitute for experience and ability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts