Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is one thing I hate about mail order. Dainese.be has a pair of Dainese pants in size 52. Their chart makes that a size 34 waist, which is my size, but some other web sites have a 34 waist as a size 54 in Euro sizes.

Heeeeelllllllllp! I'm sooooooo confused! /images/icons/crazy.gif

What size do I get??????

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
BD, don't guess on the sizing. Send Frans all of the requested measurements and let him do the rest. He was spot on with my pants as well as my friends recent purchase. When you get them your bits will be in a serious choke hold but after a few rides they will be perfect.

·
Registered
503 Posts
52 is right for a 34 waist. Mine came in on Friday. It only took two days to get them in to Texas. BTW if you are looking at the pants on the clearance page they are sold out in size 52.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Euro 52 is a US 34...but you have to be careful cuz some of the pants size large. I believe the "Keep" and "217" (and maybe some others) size large and you have to order one size smaller than usual. But, like Duc748 said, let Frans help you out....he knows what'll fit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
bad_dog,

I'm the friend DUC748 was referring to. I had the same concerns as you. However, after ordering a TH1 Jacket and a pair of p217's I have learned to trust Frans completely. I wear a size 36 - 38 pant (usually fatter in the winter months) and am 6'2". I explained this to Frans and he sent me a pair of p217's size 54. When I first put them on I was ready to send them back because they were really tight. However, after two short rides, they fit perfectly. Frans told me they would be a little tight at first.

I understand that I would have needed a bigger size had I wanted the p.Keep or the p.103s because they size larger. Frans set me up though.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I got a size 50 from dainese.be How tall are you? Weight? Are you a REAL size 34? I mean real as in it fits you tightly. Not the size you buy when you buy pants because i wear a 32 but i know i can wear a 30. With leathers you want to go with your real waist size. If you are a 34 then get the 52. Depending on what your stats are you might be able to go with a 50. If your about the same as me then you could fit my suit. I dont have broad shoulders.. im 135lbs 5'11 real waist 30. If your close to that then you can wear a 50 or 52. The leathers will stretch. Let me know what your stats are before you order because the fit of the pants maybe a little more important then the jacket. Because im skinny my pants are loose on me but the jacket is a good fit. You want to be sure the pants are not loose.

<font color=red>Ride Red</font color=red>

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I believe the "Keep" and "217" (and maybe some others) size large and you have to order one size smaller than usual.

<hr></blockquote>

The P217 is definately sized larger than some of the other pants. It was recommended by Frans to order a size 46 in the P217 over a 48 to acheive the proper fit. I was skeptical but the way Frans handles himself and his business it was easy to put my trust in him. Like Ekim the pants were very tight but they loosened up nicely after a few rides and now I end up wearing them while chillin' on the sofa after a ride (this will change in the warmer months /images/icons/wink.gif). I belive Frans stated that leather will stretch about 10% (?) for those that are worried about getting something a bit on the small size.

I'm about 6',weigh 138lbs and have a 30 waist. In a P217 I wear a 46 but in a P103 I would need to get a 48. I'm not sure about the fit of the other pants.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I happen to be able to try o a pair at Gold Coast. The 52's are a perfect fit. You guys are right Franz knows his sh!t - I gave him my height and weight and he was spot on with the 52's he recommended.

BTW ihatescreennames - the 52's are sold out because they are on their way to me! /images/icons/cool.gif /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hmmm... I guess he magically found a pair/images/icons/blush.gif. It's cool it all worked out! /images/icons/cool.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts