Sportbike Racing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 344 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If you do make it to Colorado we will have to do a ride! However, I am not going to do Pikes Peak in 10 minutes... :)

Deal! :grin

I seem to remember reading some article a couple years ago about a Colorado riding loop that does 10 peaks over 10,000ft. Does that sound right or have I gone batty?

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Since we're walking down memory lane - how about some pics? Here are a few of the friends I've made along the way here on good ole ESB:

Me & Pimmie heading up to the top of the Stelvio pass in Italy:

DrD, Crudmop, Me & Novos at the Tioga Pass gate at Yosemite:

Me & Duc748 in West Virginia:

Me, KeepUp, Crudmop, Pimmie, Duc748, eL8RG8R, DrD, IRR at the Nada Tunnel in Kentucky

DrD, Me, VifferVixen, Crudmop, L8RG8R, IRR, Windshear on the Cherohala Skyway:

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Have you been kicking around getting a dirty bike? I seem to remember you getting out a little earlier in the summer.
No room or money for a dirt bike. I haven't been out on it again since that one outing. I told him once it drops in temperature I'm game again; the Rev'It textiles are HOT. :flame2

I've really got my heart set on moving out there in the next few years. ::crosses fingers::
What? L8R moves east and you guys start planning on moving west? Is it the case of too many cool kids on one coast? :wtf ;)

It's great to see everyone in this thread that helped make this the hoppin' place it used to be. We're still a few soldiers short of the old army though! Come back!

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Fuzzy Galore: the Pied Piper of eSB, luring out all the old--or, shall we say "tenured" :smirk--posters and singlehandedly saving the forum from the crocheting club. ;)

Congrats on the nuptials; very happy for you both--kindly give Cruddy a slap on the back for me. :)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
So...last night while I was sound asleep after my first day back at work...someone tried to break into my barn and steal my motorcycle(s). There are clear tire tracks in my turf from the street, to my backyard, turned in a semi-circle, and backed up to the barn. The barn door has pry marks on it, and the restraining latch is almost completely pulled out from the doors. I talked to my neighbor who said he heard a loud noise last night around midnight, turned on the floodlight and looked into his backyard. There is a tall privacy fence between us, so he likely wouldn't have seen anyone in my yard unless he looked over the fence, but his floodlights certainly scared away the perps.

I backed up the pathfinder to the barn doors to temporarily secure the barn. After work I have a football game to officiate so I won't be able to do anything about it, but Saturday I am re-enforcing the barn and ordering a nightvision camera system for the entire home. I live in a good neighborhood. WTF?

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
...once it drops in temperature I'm game again; the Rev'It textiles are HOT. :flame2
Did you go into the woods or do any trail riding or was it most gravel roads?

What? L8R moves east and you guys start planning on moving west? Is it the case of too many cool kids on one coast? :wtf ;)
Yes, we don't want to unbalance the Earth and get a nasty tankslapper going :burnout

I don't know. There is just something about the environment, the vibe, the people of northern California that feels like it should be my home. I think it's worth finding out if my hunch is right. We'll make sure to have lots of extra space and a couple bikes for visitors :ridin

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Did you go into the woods or do any trail riding or was it most gravel roads?
Riding under power lines :smirk it was a mix of gravel road, straying off into the dirt paths that lead up and down the hills/jumps that elevate the towers and one romp into the woods where we blazed our own trails and at a much slower pace. The difference in riding style/feel saw me mostly creeping along as I was feeling well outside of my element. It was fun and I'm looking forward to doing it again at some point.

KeepUp, that really stinks. Good luck setting up the fortified perimeter. How about some motion sensor paintball turrets up high?

Bonus points for the Portal turret sounds. :lol

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Riding under power lines :smirk it was a mix of gravel road, straying off into the dirt paths that lead up and down the hills/jumps that elevate the towers and one romp into the woods where we blazed our own trails
HOOLIGAN! :shocked :grin

Surrendering to letting the bike move around you so much takes some getting used to, huh?

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
It's the only local place to ride dirtbikes apparently. :smirk

I was at ease with the bike tracking over gravel but not comfortable throttling things up to use the rear to point the bike. Starting off on a 450 was daunting to say the least. His kid has graduated up a step so I might take the peewee next time. :laugh

Hello Kenny. :ridin

21 - 40 of 344 Posts