Sportbike Racing Forum banner
281 - 300 of 344 Posts

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Here, I'll add some content

My new track ride :waytogo

I swear I've almost bought one of those things at least a half dozen times :). It's crazy how many aftermarket/hop-up parts are available. The only thing that held me back was/is the inability to title them for the street, which is what I'd want to do to justify building a Z(1)50(+) monster monkey bike. But now that there looks to be the possibility of a spec class in Sippy Cup Racing...

;)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Rob, my friend.....that thought crossed my mind long before I even took delivery of the car.

On one hand, I'm learning a lot....
We had the same feeling when we restored a 61 vette in the shop for the company owner. Pretty hilarious having to hook up the gauges with only 2 fingers to put the nuts on (dash to firewall wasnt even 1.5" inplaces). Had it in the shop for about 3 months and worked on it when we had time. Really pissed the plant mgr off because we had it in the shop but he couldnt say anything since its HIS bosses car and my supervisor was the owners brother.

·
eChuckB
7,122 Posts
I swear I've almost bought one of those things at least a half dozen times :). It's crazy how many aftermarket/hop-up parts are available. The only thing that held me back was/is the inability to title them for the street, which is what I'd want to do to justify building a Z(1)50(+) monster monkey bike. But now that there looks to be the possibility of a spec class in Sippy Cup Racing...

;)

Mine came with a title, originally from Ohio. I am not sure what the laws are like in Florida, but here in Pennsyltucky, you can register them for street use. In fact, the person I bought it from was the second owner, circa 1971. the original owner was an old chap that used it to run errands...so, this little guy was a street ride on day one :crafty

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Mine came with a title, originally from Ohio. I am not sure what the laws are like in Florida, but here in Pennsyltucky, you can register them for street use. In fact, the person I bought it from was the second owner, circa 1971. the original owner was an old chap that used it to run errands...so, this little guy was a street ride on day one :crafty

None of the ones I've come across were titled (no titles issued for offroad/dirtbikes--which appears to be how these were sold down here--until the early aughts), and evidently cannot be due to their nonstandard VINs. In other words, you suck. :)

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Thank God! Even if people have migrated away from biking, you'd think that they would hang out here just to chat about whatever. We used to have a heck of a great group of people around here, many I have considered to be the "friends I've never actually met".

About 2.5 weeks ago I jacked up something in my neck while training in the gym. My left side is so weak that I can't even bench a 30lb dumbbell (radiculopathy), and my left pointer finger/thumb are numb. My left pectoral muscle won't flex.

I had a MRI yesterday, and an EMG today. So far, they have absolutely no idea what the issue is. Both MRI and EMG revealed nothing.

Getting old blows.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Thank God! Even if people have migrated away from biking, you'd think that they would hang out here just to chat about whatever. We used to have a heck of a great group of people around here, many I have considered to be the "friends I've never actually met".

About 2.5 weeks ago I jacked up something in my neck while training in the gym. My left side is so weak that I can't even bench a 30lb dumbbell (radiculopathy), and my left pointer finger/thumb are numb. My left pectoral muscle won't flex.

I had a MRI yesterday, and an EMG today. So far, they have absolutely no idea what the issue is. Both MRI and EMG revealed nothing.

Getting old blows.
I know exactly what you mean, although my injury sound much less severe than yours. I went white water rafting about two years ago, and afterwards I started getting a sharp pain in my left shoulder. I had my doctor check it out and his answer was basically "quit being a little girl." But I can't lift any amount of weight, put my arm above my head or anything. It comes and goes. MRI showed nothing. Is this getting old? I want none of it.

I just got done with the last of the baby classes. Kim signed us up for pre and post natal care classes. They are a series of five classes and occupy my time immediately when I get off of work until I need to go to sleep. What fun! Also high school football season just started back up so I have been on the field all last week officiating scrimmages. I haven't seen my friends in weeks and one wants me to go to a Reds game today. I just want some couch time. Or some throttle time.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Took a hard hit 5 weeks ago out Karting with other racers, my neck is finally back to normal, wish I could wear my HANS device karting now.

Well, getting closer to my son being born 6 weeks left. Almost got everything set up for him, but still got a lot to do. Then, getting the family ready for me leaving for Korea shortly after, very busy. Dam this is going to suck leaving the family for a year.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Took a hard hit 5 weeks ago out Karting with other racers, my neck is finally back to normal, wish I could wear my HANS device karting now.

Well, getting closer to my son being born 6 weeks left. Almost got everything set up for him, but still got a lot to do. Then, getting the family ready for me leaving for Korea shortly after, very busy. Dam this is going to suck leaving the family for a year.

We have about 7 weeks left. Everything is in place...mostly. Nursery is done and we have most of what we will need for a new baby, I just wanted to install a dishwasher before he comes. that really sucks leaving the country right after the birth of your son. How much time will you have before you leave?

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Damn...I feel like I should be having a kid just to be able to hang out with you lot.

I guess the old race track saying "2 hours from bottle to throttle" means something completely different to you guys doesn't it:wink

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Damn...I feel like I should be having a kid just to be able to hang out with you lot.

I guess the old race track saying "2 hours from bottle to throttle" means something completely different to you guys doesn't it:wink
Do it! We will be creating the next generation of Esportbikers. Also brings a whole new meaning to the "sippy cup" challenge.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
We have about 7 weeks left. Everything is in place...mostly. Nursery is done and we have most of what we will need for a new baby, I just wanted to install a dishwasher before he comes. that really sucks leaving the country right after the birth of your son. How much time will you have before you leave?
Just under a month after he is born. Most of the stuff I have to do is prep the house and vehicles for when I'm gone. Stock up on a few things, honey due list etc . The only things I have left for the new kid is a basonette and........... I'm sure I'm missing something

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
25 Sept my son Grayson was born. Here is a nice pic of my 22 month old daughter meeting her brother for the first time.

Hopefully one of the two starts riding.

281 - 300 of 344 Posts